2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Great Vehicle
By Dave on 02/03/10 08:36 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd posting regarding the Trailblazer, the last being in March of 08. This truck has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. It now has 63,000 miles on it and has never needed anything other than oil and filter changes. It is quick, comfortable, and can carry a lot of cargo with the seats folded down. Go easy on the gas pedal and it will get 20-21 mpg on the highway.

Trailblazer review
By lu213 on 01/17/10 17:07 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I have owned our trailblazer since 2005. We purchased the vehicle with only 20,000 miles on it. IT now has 100,000. We have never had any major problems with our T blaze, other than replacing the battery, thermostat, and the idler pulley. I do all the maintenance on the vehicle. We live in a rural area approximately 20 miles to the nearest city so we do alot of driving and traveling. The vehicle handles very well and pulls great to be a six cylinder under a load. In all a very nice suv would recommend to any one looking to purchase a suv.

Great SUV
By mwraith on 12/20/09 11:33 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this suv with 45000 miles and the only problem was the radio lights went out covered by extended warr After adding a k&n filter i get around 19 mpg in town very strong engine for a 6 cly great family car and great for traveling so far no problems and have made two trips from north carolina to arizona and still quiet and fun to drive. a good buy for todays cars and with all cars having problem this one is a great buy for the money

could be better
By jim and valerie on 07/23/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

at 62000 miles the transmission has developed. that has me worried, after having a Ford Taurus and a Dodge Caravan both developed leaks and major problems at around 65000 miles. so you see it seems to be an American car company problem not just Chevy. gas mileage is extreme. around 20 highway and 13 city in two wheel drive. lock in 4-wheel drive and it drops to 10 or less. my v-8 ford pickup does better by far.

THIS CAR IS A NIGHTMARE
By GRISEL71 on 06/22/09 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this truck less than 5 years and I have already needed a new transmission, a new throttle unit and a gas pump unit. I have spent over 8,000 on this car all happened after warranty naturally. Mechanic tells me this is a VERY common issue with trailblazers and all parts are always on shelf because of this common need for these particular parts but chevy won't recall them. I'm junking it and still have 10K to pay unbelievable so much for American made cars.....never again Chevy (GM) is uncooperative and taking peoples money!

Worried I made the wrong purchase
By Dee on 05/20/09 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2001 Jeep in for a trailblazer, loved the handling the first time I drove it. It had 31K when I purchased it and now it has 36K. I have had to replace both front wheel bearings (which thank god I purchased the extended warranty) and the air pump system needed to be replaced. Currently since my check engine light came on due to the air pump my cruise total will not stay engaged. So back to the garage. I am now starting to feel a slip in the transmission. There is also barely any room up front and the wind noise in the doors and windows are annoying. Wished I read these reviews first. I would of stayed with Jeep or Toyota.

Trailblazer 2005 LS 4WD
By Chevyman on 05/08/09 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Hold on to your horses on this one. Owned chevy products in the past and this one should be buried with the design. Reconsider this one folks, not bad under 36K but be prepared for costly repairs after warranty is out. Chevy with the 4.2 is noted for numerous electrical problems (Fuel sending units) bad connections and less than favorable gas mileage. Purchased new and currently average 11- 14mpg highway and have done all service inspections and it still has cost me over four thousand in repairs. Interior very cheaply assembled GM could have done a better job!! Think twice or even three times before you invest in this model and be prepared for repairs.

Please Reconsider This Vehicle
By ballyclassic on 03/22/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new in 2005 and it has been a long road with repairs. I finally feel at 4,000 in out of pocket repairs I'm at the end for reliability. Several electrical problems (Not covered) fuel system problems, I don't have enough space to comment. Please reconsider this vehicle it is very poor on mpg 14-15 overall and horrible in the snow or wet roads. If you live in a perfect climate than this is for you. One rainy day, snow covered road or ice and you will be trading it in. I have been a GM owner for years but sorry to say I will not be a supporter in the future.

Great SUV, Poor MPG
By Brian on 03/19/09 14:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Trailblazer for over 4 years now and finally paid it off. Its a great SUV that is comfortable, sturdy, and great offroad and on the highway. The extended version is nice and provides 8 feet by 4 feet of room (when front seats are pushed forward) for gear or even a sheet of plywood. the seats in the middle are comfortable but a little cramped for anyone over 6 feet tall. The seats in back are great for kids but not adults. Overall the SUV runs great (only had a speedometer issued covered under warranty) and never any other issues. Sometimes the wind noise coming over the mirrors is a little annoying though.

For the Money, Best SUV on the Road
By Mel Turner on 03/17/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We've put over 134,000 miles and this baby still sounds brand new. Engine so quiet, I can't hear it idle at red lights. I only use Mobile 1 synthetic oil. Only two problems since ownership, fuel gauge and ignition switch. Warranty covered them. This is the only vehicle my wife drives. We have two Volvo s80s that's collecting dust in the garage. I'll probably have to sell them. Suv only requires maintenance every 50,000 miles besides oil change. One more thing, this suv is great on the road. The only suv we'll ever own. We love our trailblazer. For longevity, only use synthetic oils and lubricants. With my Continental tires, I get 18 city and 22 highway.