2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Family favorite
By Rest in Peace on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 05' Trailblazer. For an LT model it had everything and drove like a charm. From Florida and drove this truck all the way to Watertown, NY through a blizzard and all and it held up like a gladiator! I had it for four years and had no major problems, expected to keep it forever until involved in a serious hit and run accident where our baby was totaled! At one point I thought we would flip but that truck stayed on all 4's and saved our lives! For the price this is the best of it's kind and is worth every penny!

Not Reliable
By Karen Anderson on 08/06/10 05:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for 2 1/2 years, Purchased with 22,000 miles, thought I had a winner until 46,000 miles when all heck broke loose, by the time I'm done with repairs I could have bought a New vehicle. Latest repair $2500 for a new transmission at 50,000 miles, call into GM but I guess they are hurting more than I for money, Strongly suggest NOT TO BUY

Lots of problems in a short time
By mike on 08/02/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for over a year now. When I got it, it had 85,000 miles on it. I love the way it drives and handles, tows great as well, and is comfortable. When I first got it, I had to replace the fuel pump $300. Next, the number 5 cylinder= $3300. Now at 94,000 miles I have a transmission leak on the line, transmission shifts hard and may need to be replaced.

Car going in reverse while in Drive
By RM on 06/23/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Is anyone experiencing problems with the trailblazer going in reverse while in drive? It has happened to me twice, once in traffic, while stopped at a light on a slight hill. The only way it would go forward was to turn it off and restart it.

This Truck
By Ashlie on 06/10/10 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck almost brand new in 2006. Within 2 months the struts went out. Then the radiator then to top it all off for no reason I had to get a new motor in 2009. I don't understand how one truck can have so many problems. I don't understand how people are so happy with this truck.

Love/ Hate
By lss on 05/20/10 10:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my t-blazer for 5+ years. It had 99,000 but I have made several major repairs. Thank god we got the extended warranty. The exhaust manifold had to be replaced twice now, catalytic converter, DVD system, now the fuel gauge is not working and it is leaking tranny fluid. I am keeping it as long as I can but I think after 3 GM with problems I am moving on.

Expensive to keep
By Rich Oas on 03/07/10 18:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought at 18K. Took to dealer for electrical probs at 35K. They say nothing wrong...haha. Shortly Replaced... Htr fan switch, exhaust manifold (hole),ABS module,4wd transfer case,ball joints, wheel bearings,tie rods. Currently the htr fan switch is going bad and the gas gauge and speedometer don't work. I rarely get 16 mpg hiway, Air seals poor. The tailgate lock works intermittently, the lights dim on the road and went out on me once at nite. I have put over 5K over and above normal maint into this in 3.5 yr .Nothing covered under warranty. Other than that a real sweet ride. Was a GM customer for life ..never to buy another GM. The small and mid level SUV's and trucks are pure junk.

The Good, Bad, and Mean looking
By sladeltd on 02/25/10 11:17 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The GOOD: Love the styling, even on the interior, its not high tech or futuristic, it is practical. It has the power when you need it. The BAD: I bought the extended warranty and 3 months after I bought it I had to replace the engine, cylinder lost compression and it was idling rough. I spoke with the Enterprise rental guys and they told me the Trailblazer was the vehicle they saw come in for warranty service the most. Enough said there. Road noise is bad because of bad fit for the windows and therefore leaks into the door panels. my speakers were corroded and I had to replace them. I had to replace the water pump. Bottom line, a good style design needs to be backed up by a reliable design

Would buy again
By loveit on 02/08/10 19:56 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first SUV and it has been wonderful. I would probably buy the 7 passenger now but at the time it wasn't an issue. There is a 12" height difference between my hubby and myself, we are both pretty particular about how a vehicle fits us, and we both fit comfortably. This vehicle has been very dependable, has plenty of towing capability, and lots of space for our cross country vacations with the family. We make sure the maintenance is taken care of routinely and have never had any issues with it. MPG is 16-17 city and 20-22 hwy and that's loaded down. It handles great in the snow and I feel very safe driving around my little ones.

GAS Gauge & electrical issues
By Shaniqua856 on 02/08/10 09:10 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

on my 2nd fuel gauge replacement issue. Something failing in the gas tank saying Low Fuel (Always). I can't afford to replace it again @ $500 in 4 years of ownership, so using the "fuel used" meter to tell me when to fill. This has worked very well. Buttons on the radio & console wear very quickly & fuses fail continually so you just deal with it. A great deal of maintanence. When will there be a recall on the Fuel Gauge issue?