Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

infrequent stalling
By mungie

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i have a 05 trailblazer with 98,000 miles on it. havent owned it that long but has been stalling when im reversing and moving slowly in traffic. it starts back up fine then it is ok. it can go a while before it does it again. but it is concerning none the less. brought it to the shop a couple of times with no solution. if anyone has had this problem please let me know if you have an answer.

BAD CAR! Don't buy!
By dave1234567

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car was purchased almost brand new from the local Chevy dealer. We have had nothing but problems from week one. To start with the most recent problem, almost the entire dash is out. We have a gas gauge that works and nothing else. There are too many items we have replaced to list. Stay away from this car!

Favorite Features

None

GM is horrible
By mint51

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

General Motors=Generally sucks your money= "money pit" I have never been so disappointed in a vehicle. I am only stuck with this vehicle because it has sucked so much of my money. But it is truly junk on the inside. They truly sacrificed quality, and did a "slap-stick" job on the inside...and the cylinders might as well have been made with plastic.. my TB is an 2005 73k miles...highway miles..well maintained..and i am already having to shell out money for prices similar to buying a new engine for a "new car"because GM admittedly made the cylinders with poor quality metal material..but would gladly provide a new set for extra $$$...stay clear of this crummy investment of transportation

Suggested Improvements

different vehicle

Disheartened
By dsu24

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Trailblazer EXT 4x4 and only have 58,000 miles on it. This was my first American vehicle and at first I loved it and was happy I made the switch. I have recently had a check engine light on and took it to the shop. Had a 300 error (engine misfire on cylinder 2) and after 2 visits and $150.00 later the shop told me to take it to the dealer. Just got off the phone and I am at $600.00 and they are still trying to figure out the issue. This truck is still brand new and should not have these issues. I have seen people complaining about this online so it is not just me. My wife's Nissan is older and has more miles and has no issues. This has soured me on GM. Stay away.

Loved my Trailblazer
By mrsgaylonj

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 97,000 miles on my car and in all that time the ONLY repair/maintenance I've ever had to do was new tires, new left motor mount, front brakes and a new wire for the passenger side front headlight. All these that I just listed were done w/in the last 8000 miles. I've had 0 tranny issues. It is super comfy, fast, durable, handles well. We just had a baby so just traded it in for a new Escape, but I will miss it. It has by far been my favorite vehicle I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

comfy, fast, reliable

Suggested Improvements

none