Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

'05 Trailblazer
By Jimmy

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Really excited to purchase first SUV. Six months later, I am disappointed. Poor fit and finish, interior is terribly cheap. First and last GM product.

Favorite Features

OnStar

Suggested Improvements

Better fit and finish, better quality and design of interior.

2005 TrailBlazer LT
By ND

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am extremely disappointed in this vehicle. Gas mileage very poor. Worse than the 1/2 ton Silverado I had. Very noisy inside of vehicle. I took vehicle back to dealer for the noise. They worked on it for a day with inpuit from GM. GM said the vehicle has high road noise. I find this vehicle to be noisier than the Silverado I had. All in all, buying this vehicle was not a good move. On the positive side, the leg room in front is great for a person +6'.

Favorite Features

Front leg room. Automatic climate control inside.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better sound insulation from the outside. Needs more storage in front area.

Great for towing, bad for driving
By John

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Leased it to tow my boat, great for towing, tons of power. Don't believe what sticker says about gas mileage, they like to pad the numbers. If I would have known I was gonna get 11 mpg I would have leased something different. Love to change my own oil, but for the life of me why would they bury the oil filter so you can't get at it, and I'm a mechanic. All that aside it's not a bad SUV, if they built an SUV that got 40 mpg everyone would buy it.

Favorite Features

Interior pretty decent, not bad to drive for an SUV, I feel pretty safe in it. When towing 2500 lbs, you don't even know it.

Suggested Improvements

For all the technology out there, there has got to be a better way to get better gas mileage, why bury an oil filter where you can't get at it.

2nd TrailBlazers in 3 years
By Mark J

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I do lots of driving. My first T- Blazer (2002) racked up 80K in 2 yrs with only reg. maint. I then purch'd an '04. Already has 30K. Excellent ride, ft seats could be better, rears are best in class. No road noise at all. Steers, brakes, corners excellent. Lots of compartments- including sunglasses!! My '02 had an aux pwr outlet in the rear and a glovebox light. My '04 does not. C'mon GM, how much did that really save? Headliner won't stay up. Gas mileage could be better, but it is a truck w/280 HP. 14-16 hard city driving, and 18-22 @ 75 MPH. Not that bad, but I am sure all trucks could be better. Bose radio is a must. Excellent agressive styling. Well laid out interior. Great to tow/haul.

Favorite Features

Bose radio, driver info ctr, tow capacity, excellent power with power to spare, looks, quite engine, excellent road manners. All TrailBlazers are available with sunglass storage and dual trip odometers!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials. Typical of Chevy to have "dumb" problems that likely would've taken an extra minute and extra dollar at the factory yet costs the comsumer hours of time and hundreds of dollars post warranty. Kick up the MPG. C'mon, it can be done. Memory features that actually remember!!

Sound SUV150
By louis

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a Chevy Blazer for fifteen yrs GM has a hit with the Trailblazer . Gas mileage on the second tank of gas was 19.44 mpg that was with the fourwheel drive used for about 100 miles and a combo of city and hwy driving . I expect more when strictly hwy. The four wheel drive system is nice and when activated hardly notice it shifting in four wheel. I drive in Colorado and felt very good and safe on the snow and ice . Had a hard time making the wheels slip when in four wheel drive evan in ice packed corners. Down side, an air leak at door seal that is annoying, will take to dealer to fix

Favorite Features

The Bose sound system is great . Easy access to all controls . Nice stable ride in all conditions . The power sunroof is a great

Suggested Improvements

Could use more head room for taller drivers . Even with the eight way power seat it is hard to get a good position that allows for good head room .