Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

My Trailblazer
By sal

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Owning the Chevy Trailblazer has been very fun. This vehicle is very reliable and for having a six cylinder engine it is pretty fast and strong. The accelaration is very quick and you could feel the power of the engine as you step on the gas pedal. I feel that this vehicle is safe and comfortable for me and my family.

My favorite features are the exterior it has a sporty look with almost no chromes. The dashboard is very bright and easy to understand, and folding back seats for more room.

The only improvement I feel the Trailblazer needs is making it a little lower by making the gap between the tires much less visible.

'05 Trailblazer
By Jimmy

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Really excited to purchase first SUV. Six months later, I am disappointed. Poor fit and finish, interior is terribly cheap. First and last GM product.

OnStar

Better fit and finish, better quality and design of interior.

2005 TrailBlazer LT
By ND

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am extremely disappointed in this vehicle. Gas mileage very poor. Worse than the 1/2 ton Silverado I had. Very noisy inside of vehicle. I took vehicle back to dealer for the noise. They worked on it for a day with inpuit from GM. GM said the vehicle has high road noise. I find this vehicle to be noisier than the Silverado I had. All in all, buying this vehicle was not a good move. On the positive side, the leg room in front is great for a person +6'.

Front leg room. Automatic climate control inside.

Needs better sound insulation from the outside. Needs more storage in front area.

Great for towing, bad for driving
By John

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Leased it to tow my boat, great for towing, tons of power. Don't believe what sticker says about gas mileage, they like to pad the numbers. If I would have known I was gonna get 11 mpg I would have leased something different. Love to change my own oil, but for the life of me why would they bury the oil filter so you can't get at it, and I'm a mechanic. All that aside it's not a bad SUV, if they built an SUV that got 40 mpg everyone would buy it.

Interior pretty decent, not bad to drive for an SUV, I feel pretty safe in it. When towing 2500 lbs, you don't even know it.

For all the technology out there, there has got to be a better way to get better gas mileage, why bury an oil filter where you can't get at it.

2nd TrailBlazers in 3 years
By Mark J

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I do lots of driving. My first T- Blazer (2002) racked up 80K in 2 yrs with only reg. maint. I then purch'd an '04. Already has 30K. Excellent ride, ft seats could be better, rears are best in class. No road noise at all. Steers, brakes, corners excellent. Lots of compartments- including sunglasses!! My '02 had an aux pwr outlet in the rear and a glovebox light. My '04 does not. C'mon GM, how much did that really save? Headliner won't stay up. Gas mileage could be better, but it is a truck w/280 HP. 14-16 hard city driving, and 18-22 @ 75 MPH. Not that bad, but I am sure all trucks could be better. Bose radio is a must. Excellent agressive styling. Well laid out interior. Great to tow/haul.

Bose radio, driver info ctr, tow capacity, excellent power with power to spare, looks, quite engine, excellent road manners. All TrailBlazers are available with sunglass storage and dual trip odometers!!!!

Better interior materials. Typical of Chevy to have "dumb" problems that likely would've taken an extra minute and extra dollar at the factory yet costs the comsumer hours of time and hundreds of dollars post warranty. Kick up the MPG. C'mon, it can be done. Memory features that actually remember!!