Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Nice truck
By jpb

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased TB to replace an '02 Explorer (first and absolutely last Ford). Pleasure to drive, good performance, good reliability. Lots of wind noise. Not much storage up front. Seats could fold down easier with more room (they hit the front seats). Seat belts aren't the most comfortable, and hard to reach. Love the heated leather, stereo, sunroof, driver info center. Gas mileage could be better. Cup holder locations aren't very convenient. Great ride, though, and Chevy reliability is the best, especially after owning a Ford.

Favorite Features

Performance, ride, heated leather, stereo, sunroof, chrome accents, reliability, overall good looks.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce wind noise, daytime running light should be dimmer than regular headlights, seat belt comfort, put rear seats back further, more storage in console, gas mileage.

2005 TrailBlazer
By WRC

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I am extremely satisfied with my TrailBlazer. I think there are a few improvements that could be made to better accomodate the driver and passengers but I am sure that Chevrolet will work out the kinks in years to come. Hopefully Chevrolet will find a way to increase the fuel economy on the TrailBlazer. This is my biggest complaint.

Favorite Features

Satellite Radio (xm), The OnStar safety and convenience features. The quick acceleration. The rugged look, running boards and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see Chevrolet offer fog lights, leather and the driver information center on the LS Models. It would also be nice if the head rests would tilt to offer better support as they do in the Yukons. It would be more comfortable if the steering wheel were telescopic. More standard air bags.

One of the few
By Bert

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

By far this is one of the few midsize SUV's that actually comes close to what it is supposed to do. The interior is actually roomy, I am 6'2" and I fit more comfortable in this truck than in my Silverado. I do have only one complaint, it is the weather strip for the rear passenger door that just won't stay in place. The sound system is actually pretty decent. The combination of colors for the interior are awesome. I have had my good share of vehicles, I am very satisfied with this particular one.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, nice power and is a 6 cylinder. 2 color interior. It is just too cool. Noise levels are actually low.

Suggested Improvements

Little details as weather strips, could help make this truck a top item.

I love it
By Joe Pariso

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Gets 22.5 on the hiway in 2wd. Did not use 4wd yet, You ride in comfort and security with the OnStar and a 6 cyl eng that you don't hear it run. Very solid and I love to drive it.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, satelite radio, good gas milage for a big SUV.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements, keep building them.

My Trailblazer
By sal

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Owning the Chevy Trailblazer has been very fun. This vehicle is very reliable and for having a six cylinder engine it is pretty fast and strong. The accelaration is very quick and you could feel the power of the engine as you step on the gas pedal. I feel that this vehicle is safe and comfortable for me and my family.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the exterior it has a sporty look with almost no chromes. The dashboard is very bright and easy to understand, and folding back seats for more room.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I feel the Trailblazer needs is making it a little lower by making the gap between the tires much less visible.