Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

1 year old
By jerry

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best riding SUV we tested- solid feel and handling - avg 17mpg Just took a road trip and got 21mpg on hwy. Tows heavy trailer with 2 yards of dirt with no strain. So far no mechanical issues.

Rides and handles great

Blind spots can be a problem, seats could fold flat and mpg needs improvement

Excellent mid-size choice
By Bryan L.

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2005 TrailBlazer LS 4WD three months ago with 7000 miles on the odometer. No problems; everything works as it should. Living and driving in Chicago, it's a perfect SUV (for me) for this terrain. Excellent visibility, super-tight turning radius, and it surpresses all of those rough roads and pot holes with ease. Great power from the 4.2L inline six cylinder (almost 300hp) and experienced 17.5 mpg around the city and 21.5 on the highway. No drifting has been experienced at highway speeds. The TrailBlazer has been around for awhile and has a proven design that works well for most.

V8 power from the inline 6 cyl with better fuel mileage. Sub-compact car- like turning radius (handy for city parking!). Comfortable seating and ergonomics. Excellent brakes for an SUV! Comes with Class III towing hitch. Handy storage areas built in.

More truck than car in the ride. Spend $ on some good running boards ($300 for mine); otherwise, you'll smash the side of the seat getting in and out. Rear seats fold almost flat, but not totally flat.

Solid Chevy
By jerry

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV handles great and will tow heavy loads with no problem. We have taken a long trip with 7 passengers comfortably. The seats fold flat easily and the ride is great. The gas mileage is its weak point 17mpg but we knew that before we bought it.

OnStar / phone is great. Dual AC works perfect. Seats are comfortable

17 mpg could be improved

Great 4x4
By tmnavy

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We got our '05 Trailblazer LS 4x4 in Dec '05 and we love it. So much room, and power. A week after we got it we went from OH to CT, 740 miles one way, and averaged 21 mpg the whole trip and it did great in the snow.

4x4, XM radio, OnStar, all the room

Making the trip computer standard

Love the Trailblazer
By Trailblazer

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my Dodge Dakota for the Trailblazer as I wanted more room and better gas mileage. I found I got 20 MPG on the highway doing 70 mph, which was a huge improvement for me. I love the room it offers and it handles great in corners. The sunroof and 4X4 features are just an added bounce. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase.

The leg room and the sunroof.

Seat belts could be mounted differantly as I find they cut into your neck while driving.