Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Solid Suv
By mickey

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At first I worried about buying American due to the fact of poor reliability. I'm going on 2 yrs with this truck, and it has performed perfectly. I have about 18,000 miles on it with no issues. It is great in the winter. It gets you through anything without a problem. The ride is soft, so it does wallow a little bit, but overall has a nice ride.

Favorite Features

Shift on the fly 4 wheel drive. OnStar. 6 disc CD changer

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

Like it, don't love it
By Les Kevehazi

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy with the vehicle. On the highway it is great, with a smooth and quiet ride. It is a little big to drive in the city daily. I would recommend it for long trips.

Favorite Features

Controls are easy to use as is the 4WD control. Power seats give a lot of flexibility. Great highway manners.

Suggested Improvements

Tighten the steering up.

Overall
By Mark G

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My family and I recently traveled 1,600 miles with no problems. SUV performed well. It appears that Chevy has a winner in performance and little maintenance expense other than normal maintenance.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Comfortable ride. Spacious. Fuel economy is as expected for an SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors could be a little larger, especially for towing purposes.

Love my SUV
By andrea

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a mother of 2 active children who has to have friends go everywhere we go. I really didn't like the feel of driving a minivan, plus it wasn't 4WD so I thought I would try an SUV. I love it. I wouldn't buy anything else. I can count on it to get me through tough snow storms with ice and rain. There's enough room for 7. and not be jammed in. Gas mileage is just as good as a van. I'm getting 19 mpg in town and about 23 mpg on the highway. I love my SUV

Favorite Features

Love that you can control the heat and air conditioning from the back seats. Seats up to 7 people.

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see aTrailBlazer that has heated leather seats, sunroof, and one that does get better gas mileage.

Good Value
By Good Vaule

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The SUV is wan't a bad purchase if you're looking for a nice ride which has had no major issues. The recurring problem is if you don't turn the gas cap 2-3 Full turns after you fill the tank the engine light would come on which can be very annoying. It will shut off after about 7 start-ups. If not, you have to take it to the dealership so they can reset the darn thing. Overall, not a bad buy and with the peace of mind that their are Chevy dealers everywhere if you were to need service.

Suggested Improvements

Fixing the gas cap so when you close it you don't have to remember to make 3 full turns to insure it's locked.