Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Excellent SUV
By N Virginia

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A wonderful, comfortable, safe vehicle. We have found this TrailBlazer to be very sure footed on slick roads. All wheel drive is very easy to use with a flick of a switch or just leave in "Auto". The running gear is solid and dependable. Unlike other SUV's from Asia, you can actually fill the seats and not exceed the maximum gross weight. This TrailBlazer is very quiet on the road. At 65 miles per hour, you can whisper to the person next to you. We have never had a problem with our TrailBlazers as this is our second!

Heated leather, fully adjustable, lumbar air supported seats. The sunroof with the built in shade is very quiet when open. The best feature is the build quality and the dependability of this full frame safe truck.

Move the oil filter to a lower position.

Solid Suv
By mickey

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At first I worried about buying American due to the fact of poor reliability. I'm going on 2 yrs with this truck, and it has performed perfectly. I have about 18,000 miles on it with no issues. It is great in the winter. It gets you through anything without a problem. The ride is soft, so it does wallow a little bit, but overall has a nice ride.

Shift on the fly 4 wheel drive. OnStar. 6 disc CD changer

Fuel economy

Like it, don't love it
By Les Kevehazi

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy with the vehicle. On the highway it is great, with a smooth and quiet ride. It is a little big to drive in the city daily. I would recommend it for long trips.

Controls are easy to use as is the 4WD control. Power seats give a lot of flexibility. Great highway manners.

Tighten the steering up.

Overall
By Mark G

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My family and I recently traveled 1,600 miles with no problems. SUV performed well. It appears that Chevy has a winner in performance and little maintenance expense other than normal maintenance.

Comfortable seats. Comfortable ride. Spacious. Fuel economy is as expected for an SUV.

Side mirrors could be a little larger, especially for towing purposes.

Love my SUV
By andrea

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a mother of 2 active children who has to have friends go everywhere we go. I really didn't like the feel of driving a minivan, plus it wasn't 4WD so I thought I would try an SUV. I love it. I wouldn't buy anything else. I can count on it to get me through tough snow storms with ice and rain. There's enough room for 7. and not be jammed in. Gas mileage is just as good as a van. I'm getting 19 mpg in town and about 23 mpg on the highway. I love my SUV

Love that you can control the heat and air conditioning from the back seats. Seats up to 7 people.

Would love to see aTrailBlazer that has heated leather seats, sunroof, and one that does get better gas mileage.