Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Not Too Excited Over This One
By DC

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Poor design for console cup holders. Cheap design to hold headliner up around sunroof. Owned this vehicle since March 11th and already having issues. More money needs to be spent on better materials for interior and less on computerized options that aren't used very frequently.

Favorite Features

Adjustable foot pedal, both driver and passenger seats are adjustable and heated seats. Bose sound system is nice but had to get sunroof to get it which was not a plus. Heated side mirrors. Has a decent V6 engine so far with smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

I miss the feature my Suburban had...the side mirrors and rear view mirror tinting at night when a vehicle was close behind. Wish this had been an option on the Trailblazer. Don't group features in option packages. This prevents getting desired items and being stuck with items you don't want.

PROBLEMS!
By 4dfmbz

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Man, I thought I was gaining great bargain. We purchased my 2003 trailblazer ext LT from the local carmax for 20998. It only had about 29K miles on it. The first month it was in the shop for a problem with the engine fan that locked up. second month, brakes gas seal and brake lights went out had to be entirely repalced, third month, the RPM gauge stopped moving, got a quote of 400 to fix, not to mention the door mechanism began scraping, an extra shove is required to get out of the driver side. Trading in ASAP! I guess you get what you pay for.

Favorite Features

smooth ride, 3 row seating

Suggested Improvements

Quality! Quality! A little more room in the cargo area..

Poor gas mileage
By larry

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall ratings for my Trailblazer are poor. Gas mileage is horrible. Only getting 11.9 miles to the gallon. Uncomfortable seatbelts mounted into the seat makes it difficult if you aren't the perfect build. Noted headliner falls down leaks water onto the pass side floor from unknown source.

Favorite Features

Love the moonroof , 4wd, mean looking front end of vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Seatbelts need to be changed. Uncomfortable. And somehow improvement gas milage

BAD CAR! Don't buy!
By dave1234567

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car was purchased almost brand new from the local Chevy dealer. We have had nothing but problems from week one. To start with the most recent problem, almost the entire dash is out. We have a gas gauge that works and nothing else. There are too many items we have replaced to list. Stay away from this car!

Favorite Features

None

Please Reconsider This Vehicle
By ballyclassic

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new in 2005 and it has been a long road with repairs. I finally feel at 4,000 in out of pocket repairs I'm at the end for reliability. Several electrical problems (Not covered) fuel system problems, I don't have enough space to comment. Please reconsider this vehicle it is very poor on mpg 14-15 overall and horrible in the snow or wet roads. If you live in a perfect climate than this is for you. One rainy day, snow covered road or ice and you will be trading it in. I have been a GM owner for years but sorry to say I will not be a supporter in the future.

Favorite Features

I really can't find any.!!!!!