Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Can't keep it running
By R. Breski

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Currently in shop w/ 46k, at 25k new cylinder head, at 35k new trans, at 45k new cylinder head again, and while they were in there found timing problem. Like everything about the vehicle but it just won't stay away from the service department. Owned GM all my life, never had an experience like this, not sure if I'll buy another. Did I mention they have had this vehicle in and out of service for a total of around 2 months.

Favorite Features

Interior / exterior design, ride is comfortable, nav is a must

Suggested Improvements

Time to build a reliable vehicle, no excusses for these types of failures. Wind noise, gas mileage

Wind Noise!
By T Hensley

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have always had GM products. After all the wind noise my TrailBlazer has this may be my last. People who ride in the back seat alway ask if the window is all the way up. After a while my wife and I just laugh. When I took it back to fix the wind noise I was told this is a bad feature with the 2005 models. We took it back again, and let them know we didn't pay all that money for a bad feature. It has been at the dealership for 6 weeks. They have tried many things but wind noise is still there.

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, sunroof,

Suggested Improvements

Please fix the bad features before selling.

TrailBlazer OK
By Dennis Greene

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle now seems to be OK. It took a long time to work all the bugs in the electrical system out almost every other week it was in the shop. Now I enjoy the ride and the comfort.

Favorite Features

The sunroof and XM radio. OnStar

Suggested Improvements

The heating system a little weak. Also need to quiet the engine. On warm up it sounds like a diesel until it reaches running temp.

Hate my TrailBlazer
By towldy

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have always been a Chevy person, but this will be my last one. Bought this SUV new and have had problems with it. At 9,000 miles a rear door started rusting on the inside. I am on my third set of hatch shocks. First time they went bad I almost got my arm caught in hatch. Fan belt squeals every morning and I get 12 miles per gallon. Really dissapointed with this vehicle. It only has 13,000 miles on it. GM quality is a major issue.

Favorite Features

Nice body style

Suggested Improvements

Quality and workmanship from GM

Excellent SUV
By N Virginia

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A wonderful, comfortable, safe vehicle. We have found this TrailBlazer to be very sure footed on slick roads. All wheel drive is very easy to use with a flick of a switch or just leave in "Auto". The running gear is solid and dependable. Unlike other SUV's from Asia, you can actually fill the seats and not exceed the maximum gross weight. This TrailBlazer is very quiet on the road. At 65 miles per hour, you can whisper to the person next to you. We have never had a problem with our TrailBlazers as this is our second!

Favorite Features

Heated leather, fully adjustable, lumbar air supported seats. The sunroof with the built in shade is very quiet when open. The best feature is the build quality and the dependability of this full frame safe truck.

Suggested Improvements

Move the oil filter to a lower position.