2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Just Love It
By Tom Wright on 05/19/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very good riding, handling and quiet vehicle. On a long trip of 2000+ miles, we found the drive very enjoyable with its comfort and all the extras like DVD player, GPS, Satelite radio, leather, etc. We got 21 MPG on the highway. City driving we are gettng aroudt 15 MPG. Plenty of room for luggage, golf clubs, cooler and misc. items.

2005 Trailblazer - Good Vehicle.
By twright on 05/03/05 16:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Days after buying this vehicle, we took it on a long trip over 2000 miles. It handled very well and was very comfortable. We got all the toys (GPS, DVD, XM Radio, etc) and glad we did. I am disappointed that you lose the use of the CD player when using the GPS, but the XM radio was a savior here. Gas mileage on the trip was 21 highway to and from vacation and 18 MPG during the week of city & highway. In the city alone, with a lot of hills, I am getting 14 - 15 MPG. Good engine performance. Could use a little more storage space near the front seats. Overall, I feel this is an excellent SUV and believe I will be happy with it for years to come.

Not Too Excited Over This One
By DC on 04/27/05 22:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Poor design for console cup holders. Cheap design to hold headliner up around sunroof. Owned this vehicle since March 11th and already having issues. More money needs to be spent on better materials for interior and less on computerized options that aren't used very frequently.

05 Trailblazer EXT
By Boldenwh on 04/20/05 21:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Cheaper alternative to imports and even GMC siblings. Dull power off the line, but gets going in mid tach range. Great discounts can be found as well. This vehicle rates high if you can pick up a loaded one for less than $26K.

Nice SUV
By Graten on 04/14/05 23:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my TB for 10 months and I've driven it in city, highway, and on 4WD trails. I've also slept in it for a couple of nights while elk hunting. This is a good all around vehicle especially for the money. It is big enough to be fairly comfortable sleeping in the back with the seats down when you need it. The only down side is that HWY mileage at interstate speeds (75MPH) is only around 17 1/2 to 18 MPG (rated at 21 mpg) although I do have a slightly higher rear end gear so others may do better. Driving in town yields around 13-14 mpg.

Trailblazer!
By HoganRadial on 03/25/05 11:57 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Only have a 1000 miles on it, but boy its a nice ride so far. Really like the traction control/AWD/limited-4wd feature on the 4wd, perfect for those days the roads have scattered slippery spots, but not bad enough to use the full 4wd part. Very nice riding for a large SUV. The Vortec 4200 has plenty of power to get up & go.

My Trailblazer
By MickV on 03/22/05 14:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I first discovered a Trailblazer, at a Hurst Rental Lot...On a test drive it showed, ease of handling, plenty of power, very confortable ride..and a secure feeling. Was very inpressed, my wife also drove it and she is smaller in stature, and enjoyed driving it, so off to the New Car dealership to purchase one We put 2000 miles on it at delivery to Oregon, and it was a very confortable ride at extended periods of driving..even with our 4x4 . Adequate power over the mountain pass,18 MPG overall average. Only thing is the shorter version on our test drive showed the ride not as smooth and confortable as the LT version..so our decision to get the extended version.

Really happy
By Philip on 03/17/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my Trailblazer for 3 weeks now but I really love it. The ride is really nice and the handling is very good (I own a 92 B4C camaro) and I am very happy with this. I would like to see Chevy put in better seats, the stock seats are a little soft and are not as good as they could be. The Sun and Sound system is great and the gas mileage is good at 20 avg even with the 373 gears.

Chevy Does It Again!!!
By Shigemi Pebley on 03/16/05 18:45 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my sister's 2003 Tahoe, but wanted something a little smaller. This TrailBlazer is a dream come true. Chevy did it again!!! I purchased a 2005 TrailBlazer LS (w/ additional options) last month, and it is the best vehicle that I have ever purchased!!!

Trailblazer review
By sheri1024 on 03/12/05 17:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The trailblazer is a reliable SUV. It offers AWD, 4WD and lo. With all the snow we have had here in New England I have had the chance to test the truck. Aside from the sketchy handling around sharp corners, which I think due to the size of any SUV it would be in question. Overall it is a pleasure to drive.