Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Most Helpful|
Family favorite
By Rest in Peace

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 05' Trailblazer. For an LT model it had everything and drove like a charm. From Florida and drove this truck all the way to Watertown, NY through a blizzard and all and it held up like a gladiator! I had it for four years and had no major problems, expected to keep it forever until involved in a serious hit and run accident where our baby was totaled! At one point I thought we would flip but that truck stayed on all 4's and saved our lives! For the price this is the best of it's kind and is worth every penny!

Favorite Features

Steering controls, Onstar, Leather and stereo sounds great! Handling is very impressive as well!

Suggested Improvements

Like any larger SUV, the gas mileage isn't great, but it's an SUV! Other than that, great truck!

GM is horrible
By mint51

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

General Motors=Generally sucks your money= "money pit" I have never been so disappointed in a vehicle. I am only stuck with this vehicle because it has sucked so much of my money. But it is truly junk on the inside. They truly sacrificed quality, and did a "slap-stick" job on the inside...and the cylinders might as well have been made with plastic.. my TB is an 2005 73k miles...highway miles..well maintained..and i am already having to shell out money for prices similar to buying a new engine for a "new car"because GM admittedly made the cylinders with poor quality metal material..but would gladly provide a new set for extra $$$...stay clear of this crummy investment of transportation

Suggested Improvements

different vehicle

Reliable
By tbguy1

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The only real problem in 150K miles I've had was the fuel gage. If I compared this to all my other vehicles I've owned, mostly Japanese, it is better, and waaaaay better than my Toyota. Reliability is my number one issue. I hate paying for and doing repairs. Chevrolet paid for half of the repair and I didn't even have to chase them down nor was the vehicle still under warranty at 75K miles. This was parts and labor coverage. But as for the vehicle I just love it. Period. It's everything I ever wanted in an SUV - my first SUV. If you buy a vehicle brand new be sure to get what you want. If it's a Chevy it will last you many, many, many years so get all the goodies! and enjoy.

Favorite Features

heated, power, memory seats. sunroof. onstar with hands free phone and audio controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Keep I6 - smoothest running engine ever built

What do you think?
By Danielle

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought the TrailBlazer and I think I like it. I am not sure about the gas mileage. I think it could do a lot better, but it rides like a Caddy and I like that. But so far so good!

Favorite Features

Radio, OnStar, seats

Suggested Improvements

More room in the front, you always have stuff in your hands and need a place to put it when you get it.. Look at the new Hondas, they got it right! And gas! With all the "new" stuff, gas should be the first big change!

Car going in reverse while in Drive
By RM

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Is anyone experiencing problems with the trailblazer going in reverse while in drive? It has happened to me twice, once in traffic, while stopped at a light on a slight hill. The only way it would go forward was to turn it off and restart it.