Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Most Helpful|
Loved my Trailblazer
By mrsgaylonj

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 97,000 miles on my car and in all that time the ONLY repair/maintenance I've ever had to do was new tires, new left motor mount, front brakes and a new wire for the passenger side front headlight. All these that I just listed were done w/in the last 8000 miles. I've had 0 tranny issues. It is super comfy, fast, durable, handles well. We just had a baby so just traded it in for a new Escape, but I will miss it. It has by far been my favorite vehicle I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

comfy, fast, reliable

Suggested Improvements

none

ISSUES THROUGHT THE YEARS....
By nolaredgirl

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband purchased me this SUV brand new in the year of 2005. Two years later, the mile reader went bad. After getting that issue repaired, the gas gauge went out. Since then, I started to drive the SUV by the mileage because I refuse to pay between $600-$1200 to get it repaired. After writing to Chevrolet, I was promised a returned call but that never happened. Because I went over the mileage for the warranty, Chevrolet could not cover the repair. Now four years later, in Sept 2011, I get a letter from Chevrolet stating that they will cover 50% of the cost to get the gas gauge repaired. Are you kidding me??? I'm about ready to trade this SUV in specially now that the TRANSMISSION went bad

Favorite Features

The space! Very roomy! I am able to fit about 7 to 8 people in this SUV.

Suggested Improvements

The BRAKES! For example, when you hit a bump then press the brakes, it seems skiddish! I hated that!

infrequent stalling
By mungie

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i have a 05 trailblazer with 98,000 miles on it. havent owned it that long but has been stalling when im reversing and moving slowly in traffic. it starts back up fine then it is ok. it can go a while before it does it again. but it is concerning none the less. brought it to the shop a couple of times with no solution. if anyone has had this problem please let me know if you have an answer.

Decent purchase
By Jeffner

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I received my trailblazer in 2006 with 12000 miles on it. We live in Florida and have traveled to TN drove in the mountains for a week, the truck handles lots of terrain. I now have 60,000 miles on it and other than a few hiccups I am very happy. I love the comfort with two children, getting in and out is a breeze. Lots of room, and smooth ride. Overall I liked it so much we just purchased our second trailblazer.

Favorite Features

Roomy and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

I have replaced both the brake light panels, kind of a pain in the butt. The cluster went, battery has been changed twice, and the starter went this year, seems like there's a hiccup somewhere.

The Good, Bad, and Mean looking
By sladeltd

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The GOOD: Love the styling, even on the interior, its not high tech or futuristic, it is practical. It has the power when you need it. The BAD: I bought the extended warranty and 3 months after I bought it I had to replace the engine, cylinder lost compression and it was idling rough. I spoke with the Enterprise rental guys and they told me the Trailblazer was the vehicle they saw come in for warranty service the most. Enough said there. Road noise is bad because of bad fit for the windows and therefore leaks into the door panels. my speakers were corroded and I had to replace them. I had to replace the water pump. Bottom line, a good style design needs to be backed up by a reliable design

Favorite Features

Power, design, cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

leaky door panels, simple things like the speedometer and radio lighting. bigger brakes.