2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Reliable
By tbguy1 on 07/03/13 14:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The only real problem in 150K miles I've had was the fuel gage. If I compared this to all my other vehicles I've owned, mostly Japanese, it is better, and waaaaay better than my Toyota. Reliability is my number one issue. I hate paying for and doing repairs. Chevrolet paid for half of the repair and I didn't even have to chase them down nor was the vehicle still under warranty at 75K miles. This was parts and labor coverage. But as for the vehicle I just love it. Period. It's everything I ever wanted in an SUV - my first SUV. If you buy a vehicle brand new be sure to get what you want. If it's a Chevy it will last you many, many, many years so get all the goodies! and enjoy.

GM is horrible
By mint51 on 04/13/11 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

General Motors=Generally sucks your money= "money pit" I have never been so disappointed in a vehicle. I am only stuck with this vehicle because it has sucked so much of my money. But it is truly junk on the inside. They truly sacrificed quality, and did a "slap-stick" job on the inside...and the cylinders might as well have been made with plastic.. my TB is an 2005 73k miles...highway miles..well maintained..and i am already having to shell out money for prices similar to buying a new engine for a "new car"because GM admittedly made the cylinders with poor quality metal material..but would gladly provide a new set for extra $$$...stay clear of this crummy investment of transportation

Family favorite
By Rest in Peace on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 05' Trailblazer. For an LT model it had everything and drove like a charm. From Florida and drove this truck all the way to Watertown, NY through a blizzard and all and it held up like a gladiator! I had it for four years and had no major problems, expected to keep it forever until involved in a serious hit and run accident where our baby was totaled! At one point I thought we would flip but that truck stayed on all 4's and saved our lives! For the price this is the best of it's kind and is worth every penny!

Car going in reverse while in Drive
By RM on 06/23/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Is anyone experiencing problems with the trailblazer going in reverse while in drive? It has happened to me twice, once in traffic, while stopped at a light on a slight hill. The only way it would go forward was to turn it off and restart it.

What do you think?
By Danielle on 04/24/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought the TrailBlazer and I think I like it. I am not sure about the gas mileage. I think it could do a lot better, but it rides like a Caddy and I like that. But so far so good!

Overall
By Mark G on 08/10/06 14:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My family and I recently traveled 1,600 miles with no problems. SUV performed well. It appears that Chevy has a winner in performance and little maintenance expense other than normal maintenance.

1 year old
By jerry on 06/08/06 14:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best riding SUV we tested- solid feel and handling - avg 17mpg Just took a road trip and got 21mpg on hwy. Tows heavy trailer with 2 yards of dirt with no strain. So far no mechanical issues.

Comfortable and Safe
By DrivingMsB on 08/08/05 09:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck....glad I bought it! Had an accident 3 weeks after purchase. I was rearended by a car going 30+ mph. You can barely tell I was in an accident. The trailer hitch took 99% of impact. I am very satisfied with this vehicle and would highly recommend it to everyone interested in a resonably priced SUV.

Family
By w. duck on 06/27/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good response. good ride, good handling. It's easy to park, and quiet on the road at highway speeds. It's easy to service, affords good visibility of traffic, and has excellent stopping power.

good buy
By blazer on 06/13/05 19:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. Traded in a 1997 4runner. The Trailblazer rides better, handles better, and has more power than the new Explorer and 4runner. I highly recommend the LT package. The automatic climate control is awesome. The locking rear differential is a good deal for only $300 dollars extra.