2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
ISSUES THROUGHT THE YEARS....
By nolaredgirl on 09/24/11 13:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband purchased me this SUV brand new in the year of 2005. Two years later, the mile reader went bad. After getting that issue repaired, the gas gauge went out. Since then, I started to drive the SUV by the mileage because I refuse to pay between $600-$1200 to get it repaired. After writing to Chevrolet, I was promised a returned call but that never happened. Because I went over the mileage for the warranty, Chevrolet could not cover the repair. Now four years later, in Sept 2011, I get a letter from Chevrolet stating that they will cover 50% of the cost to get the gas gauge repaired. Are you kidding me??? I'm about ready to trade this SUV in specially now that the TRANSMISSION went bad

infrequent stalling
By mungie on 09/07/11 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i have a 05 trailblazer with 98,000 miles on it. havent owned it that long but has been stalling when im reversing and moving slowly in traffic. it starts back up fine then it is ok. it can go a while before it does it again. but it is concerning none the less. brought it to the shop a couple of times with no solution. if anyone has had this problem please let me know if you have an answer.

Loved my Trailblazer
By mrsgaylonj on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 97,000 miles on my car and in all that time the ONLY repair/maintenance I've ever had to do was new tires, new left motor mount, front brakes and a new wire for the passenger side front headlight. All these that I just listed were done w/in the last 8000 miles. I've had 0 tranny issues. It is super comfy, fast, durable, handles well. We just had a baby so just traded it in for a new Escape, but I will miss it. It has by far been my favorite vehicle I've ever owned!

The Good, Bad, and Mean looking
By sladeltd on 02/25/10 11:17 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The GOOD: Love the styling, even on the interior, its not high tech or futuristic, it is practical. It has the power when you need it. The BAD: I bought the extended warranty and 3 months after I bought it I had to replace the engine, cylinder lost compression and it was idling rough. I spoke with the Enterprise rental guys and they told me the Trailblazer was the vehicle they saw come in for warranty service the most. Enough said there. Road noise is bad because of bad fit for the windows and therefore leaks into the door panels. my speakers were corroded and I had to replace them. I had to replace the water pump. Bottom line, a good style design needs to be backed up by a reliable design

Decent purchase
By Jeffner on 03/04/09 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I received my trailblazer in 2006 with 12000 miles on it. We live in Florida and have traveled to TN drove in the mountains for a week, the truck handles lots of terrain. I now have 60,000 miles on it and other than a few hiccups I am very happy. I love the comfort with two children, getting in and out is a breeze. Lots of room, and smooth ride. Overall I liked it so much we just purchased our second trailblazer.

Great Car!
By kandb09 on 01/05/09 14:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my TrailBlazer! I upgraded from a 2000 Grand Am which was falling apart. I bought it with 50,000 miles on it and I have no problems with it. We got a really good deal on it because it has some hail damage but I can deal with that because it pretty much paid for itself! As for gas I was only getting 26mpg with my Grand AM out of town and I'm getting 24-25 with my TrailerBlazer so I can't complain.

Save Your Money !!
By Decisionmaker on 10/01/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I wish I had more than 700 characters to describe. Quality is less than desirable, very cheap interior, many factory screws missing. Fuel economy is a joke along with the electrical system. If considering this vehicle there is a reason for the 36K mile warranty, don't go past it. Many small issues and if your looking for a toss away vehicle you have made the correct choice. Just some advice for inclement zones, the trailblazer for a 4x4 is horrible in the snow/ice and even more dangerous on wet roads. I purchased new and have had all warranty work done and it is still a money hog with costly repairs. Gee, I wonder why GM is in trouble with TRUCK and SUV sales.Sorry this is my last GM product.

Noisy
By j. m. on 09/10/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I got one because I thought it looked good and it was a Chevy which made me think reliable. I have a 03 Blazer with over a hundred thousand miles no problem at all. With less than ten since I bought my 05 TrailBlazer with 30 thousand miles I've changed the water pump, power steering went out and the windows howl at high. Speeds due to bad weather stripping around the doors. The engine does have plenty of power and it handles well.

Think twice before buying
By Ambivalent Trailblzr on 05/02/08 16:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife always wanted one so when they were cheap in 2005, I finally agreed, even though I knew deep down it would be a mistake to buy another truck. It drinks up gas like there's no tomorrow. Resale value is poor. Other than that, it looks nice, it drives nice, it has plenty of power, lots of cargo space with seats down. It's good at what it does. We've had problems with steering - fixed under warranty. I wish we leased it rather than bought it so we could be done with it. 12-13 mpg around town on a really good day. 10-11 is typical. On the hwy 18-20. We had a '95 Suburban that got the same mileage. Think twice before you buy!

TrailBlazer 2005 review
By phillip anteski on 04/29/08 17:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this TrailBlazer with 17,850 miles. I test drove quite a few SUVs this had the best ride. Chevy has a winner with this one. This is my first suv me and my son love it. Buy it you won't be sorry.