Frequently in the shop
By derek27 on
2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
-Engine shuts off while driving, says low oil pressure or service brakes. Both have been inspected, no problems. Looking at replacing the computer system again, since nobody can find the issue. -One headlight and taillight go out each year. -Cruise sensor has been replaced twice (still only works randomly) -Check engine light is always on. 4 different mechanics found nothing wrong, so they replaced the sensor, only for it to come back on a few months later. -4x4 has been serviced several times (four, I think) because it does not engage when placing into Auto 4x4 or 4 high/low. It is broken again and I am looking at a minimum of $600 to fix it again. -Gas tank spills out on every fill.
Favorite Features
-4x4 was great when it worked, but now I don't use it because of how frequently it bums out. -Plenty of space inside.
Suggested Improvements
-Most of the problems have been a result of the terrible computer system. Sensors frequently go bad, causing the vehicle to shut itself off while driving. This is VERY dangerous at highway speeds. I will only drive in the right-hand lane so I can pull over when it shuts off. -Cruise control has only worked sporadically the last 4 years. Sensors, switches, etc have been replaced several times and it still has problems. Either it shuts off the cruise while driving, or it will not activate until I pull over, park, shut the vehicle off, and turn it back on again.
By 4l60e
on 07/17/14 02:15 AM (PDT)

After reading your report, my TB ain't so bad.