Why no recalls from GM
By Solid 7 rating on
2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased my TB (32,000 miles) used with manufacture warranty and a good dealership to stand behind it. The original owner was from Pennsylvania which has rough winter weather. Spare tire mechanism was frozen,dealership replaced for free. Tb ran great with no major repairs until aug/nov/dec 2009- replace headlight assy $370 because the adjuster for the light bulb was broken, $350 to replace inst panel because the speedometer stopped functioning, $25 replace gas cap, replace left u-joint, sway joints, sway bar in front $800, first set of brakes&rotors since my ownership $400 back & front. Overall I'm pleased with it's performance. GM should've put recalls out for headlight &inst panel.
Favorite Features
Handles great in Ice/Snow,place Kelly tires on,rotate as sched & they last almost 3 yrs.Warms up nice,ABS works great,lots of cargo room, gray interior is simple but nice,great for long hwy trips. Nice sound sys
Suggested Improvements
After seeing numerous complaints on the internet re: the inst panel &headlight assy,GM should have a recall out for these. The inst panel is also used in the 2004 chevy silverado with the same issue,goes sporadic & then dies.