2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer 4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Buyer beware!!

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Buyer beware!!
By khaigh on

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my Subaru Outback with 300,000 miles for a brand new 2004 trailblazer. As soon as it was driven off the lot the truck stalled and the dealership said nothing was wrong. This problem continued. My husband, being a mechanic, found the problem that Chevy would not pay for...a bad air pump. We sunk over 8,000 into this truck and were stuck with it until 2010, when my husband traded it in for a 2010 Subaru. The truck is a mechanical nightmare. Chevy stopped producing the truck due to the excessive complaints. Also, not a good ride for people with back problems. I am so glad I no longer own this SUV and am so happy I got a Subaru Outback back...which I will never part with again!

Suggested Improvements

The whole mechanical design. Chevy should back there product up and not leave customers with a bad taste for Chevy!!
By 67carjunkie
on 04/03/11 17:39 PM (PDT)

You just had a defective one I've had mine for four years now after we bought it used still works fine and it is a lot of fun to drive