Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 290 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Handling
By Jim Winchell

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Change the shocks, they come with street car shocks. When I bought my 04 it did not handle will, Brian the service manager, sent me over to a front in shop and they put on new truck style shocks for 4WD units ($500.00) man what a change, had a better ride, no more lean around corners, no rolling from side to side when changing lanes, also my CHP friend had a lager Chev SUV he also changed out the shocks, big improvement to his ride. I have 98,900 mile on mine. I would buy another one, but please tell the people at GM wake up guys and put better shocks on from the factor..

Lot of space for my camping trips. I do a lot of water sports in remote areas, Nat'l parks and Canada. its never let me down.

Better Shocks from the factory

Speedometer Failure
By btowne

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am happy with the Trailblazer, it's wonderful for road trips even though gas mileage is an issue. My complaint is the instrument panel failure at 45,000 miles and no help from GM or the dealership, and from what I have read on the Internet this is a common problem with this year of TB's. It will be my last GM product.

2004 Trailblazer rear seats
By Bill

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Really like the Trailblazer. Fun to drive. Never had an issue - mechanically... Can pull/trailer but uses some gas. Had an S-10 Blazer and wanted to "upgrade." Liked the S-10 Blazer's gas mileage better even when towing... Back seats on the Trailblazer only lay down if you pull fronts seats all the way up... S-10 didn't have to adjust the front seats... Should have kept the s-10 blazer... if you find one, get it... Trailblazer? Dime a dozen. Find one with low miles - you'll be happy. Plenty of storage room in the back - it's an suv.

Cloth seats are really nice. Leather steering wheel. Big tires... Looks good.

Back seats don't lay down unless front seats are pulled all the way up...

Love my TrailBlazer
By FFHEAP

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After a long search, purchased the 2004 TrailBlazer for its carring capacity and its towing capacity. Very comfortable to drive on city streets and highway. It tends to be very noisy when driven fast. Very good value if maintenance is kept up.

I like both interior and exterior, radio, heater, and air conditioner. Like three sets of seat belts in rear seat. Interior seats are comfortable

Improve milage.

Not a bad deal
By Rebel

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my TB for four months now, and I'm pretty happy with it. I average 13-15 miles in combined city/highway driving. The car drives ok for a truck, but I feel like the handling is very rubbery (compared to my F150). It's more than OK for normal driving, though. And it's spacious enough to handle all my normal cargo for weekend trips and my dog (German Sheppard) has plenty of space in the back. It's a good car, really.

Picks up really good. Spacious interior. Nice exterior.

Poor gas mileage