2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
A True Performer
By Xygris on 11/03/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my TrailBlazer for two years now and I haven't had any problems which is surprising as I got the fully loaded version with all the extras except for the DVD and navigation. I thought I would be willing to put up with some problems for the price but I haven't had one! My first scheduled maintenance service was at 25,000 miles and only cost me $66. I love the oil life monitor that comes with the onboard computer, because I do not beat on the vehicle. I've only had to change the oil three times in 25,000 miles. And I do get 15.1 miles city and 17 mpg on the highway because I keep it waxed with nufinish and use the cruise control. I have towed to near its rated capacity with four people.

Solid and dependable
By 4 Dr LT 4WD on 07/26/06 05:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is a vast improvement over the 2001 GMC Jimmy I traded in. The engine is smooth, quiet, and strong. The ride is firm and comfortable, even on long trips.

Smooth Truck
By Great Truck on 06/08/06 05:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this TrailBlazer used and spoke to the original owner before purchasing. He traded my TrailBlazer for a new '06 TrailBlazer. He stated he would not own anything else. Well, now I know what he means. I cannot get over the comfort and the extra room I have verses my Explorer. The ride is so smooth especially for a 4x4. My Ford Explorer is also a 4x4 and is ridged and rough in its ride. I also love the extra leg room. My husband and son are really tall guys and they are cramped in the Explorer, they are loving the TrailBlazer! This is the best truck I have ever owned.

GM through and through
By Bret on 05/16/06 23:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I needed a car that I could drive and get some of my money back after a couple of years. This car stickered at $36000 new and I thought I got a good deal with all the rebates. Here it is two years later and it is only worth $14000 in good condition. Ridiculous! Last American car I will ever own. The interior looks like a first grader made it in a class project. All the weather stripping around the doors is falling off, the radio has been replaced twice( I don't know why I even bothered the thing stunk to begin with), the bumper covers are warping, funky smell from the vents and the cheap chrome sticker that they call a grill is is peeling off. Volkswagon Touareg here I come.

i love my TrailBlazer
By sandra on 05/10/06 22:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i have had my TrailBlazer for about a month, and I love it. The third row of seating is easy to get to and all the seats fold down easy and fast to make the cargo area bigger. At first I didn't like the TrailBlazer but my husband talked to into it. Now I don't think that he will ever be able to drive it. It is powerful enough to get in and out of traffic but is good on gas if you are taking it easy. I test drove a Jeep (didn't like it, felt drifty) and Explorer (didn't like it, didn't have a third row) as soon as I sat in the TrailBlazer I fell in love. I can't say enough good about it! You just feel safe! I had 3 adults and 4 car seats and everyone was comfy no one was smushed.

2004 North Face EXT
By jwoodie on 02/27/06 14:42 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle with no problems other than automatic wipers sometimes won't turn off. Plenty of headroom w/o sunroof. Interior space and 3rd seat comfort unbelievable unless you have been in one. Long wheelbase gives extremely comfortable ride but can be difficult to maneuver in tight spaces.

Disappointment!!!
By Hadnor on 02/25/06 17:48 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Although the interior is roomy and comfortable, the electrical problems are frightening. The vibration in the rear end is annoying and Chevrolet's customer service is nonexistent. My Trailblazer has been reprogramed so many times, it should be able to do it itself. Although Chevy says they want to keep me as a customer, they continue to dismiss my complaints about the electrical problems. I have been completely disappointed with the quality of the Trailblazer as well as the horrible customer service provided by the dealership and Chevy.

Love the Trailblazer
By Colin on 02/17/06 10:43 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Buying the Trailblazer (or any SUV) was a very different type of vehicle for us. Being 6'6" I needed the headroom and legroom, which I found in both the driver and passenger side. We are extremely pleased with the ride, comfort and the pleasure in driving it.

'04 Trailblazer LT 4wd
By Steve on 02/05/06 14:06 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have taken it to the mountains of Colorado and it has proven to be a very capable off road machine. Took tough trails like Tincup, Iomogene, and the legendary Black Bear. A little short on ground clearance. I get 22 mpg if I drive it and the wife gets about 17. It is an economical 4wd if you drive it well. This is the 3rd one we have owned. No problems with any of them. Had a couple of recalls on the earlier models, but they had not affected us. Wish they would make it with a small turbo diesel. It would be very economical then. Why is Jeep (owned by Europeans) the only company offering a diesel in a SUV?

I love my TB
By Sherribaby407 on 01/31/06 08:33 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband bought me this SUV after I sent him with a list and color I wanted. I absolutely love this car, it fits me perfectly, it has power, it is SMOOTH riding, the color (blue metallic) is just like my old 76' Camaro which I loved. He got it loaded, raised lettered tires, flashy rims. It has 18000 miles now and NO problems at all. I drove it on a 7 hour road trip, highway, and I used one tank of gas on the open road, which is amazing. Doesn't get that in city, tho. The truck is still in perfect condition, I keep in a garage, it's beautiful. I'm a lucky girl.