Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 290 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Fav Vehicle
By Jack Daniels

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

6 years old and still running and looking GREAT. I will probably keep this vehicle another 6 years. it has been an absolute pleasure to drive!!

Heater blower system- especially with interior re-circulation ON. Driving through snow and ice. This vehicle is a BEAST!

Gas mileage could be better.

Totally Impressed!!
By Jessica M.

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my trailblazer & I am totally satisfied with my purchase. I think the overall performance is amazing. I was truly impressed when it came time to drive through the snow & it handled the weather just great. I found this truck to be very reliable so far, and I feel safe driving it; besides the regular maintenance my car has not been in the shop for anything else. I couldn't be anymore confident that this was a great buy!

The handling and performance of the truck is my favorite. It is not the most "stylish" vehicle but it's dependable and that is what really counts! I think it's a well built, mechanically.

More flattering features. It's a very basic truck and I think cosmetic wise it can use a little more.

First Repair is a killer
By Scott Stewart

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Trailblazer used from Carmax with about 14000 miles. It's mostly used for travel, as the gas mileage makes it tough to commute in. Just this week I noticed a hum in the front end.. It's the front hubs, bith need to be replaced, with a front end alignment to the tune of over $1000. I haven't even ventured into the faulty speedometer and random flashing dashboard lights.. this will become a trade in sooner than later.

Size, 4WD

Chevy really needs to pay better attention to quality, a $1000 repair after only 27000 miles, doesn't make me want to get another.

wind noise
By ron rzeppka

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

great vehicle to drive,feel secure in it . not too big but big enough to feel safe!

size,power

terrible wind noise at ALL speeds. oil filter too hard to get to

By Ken

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my trailblazer. I am a drummer and have to haul my equipment every weekend. I traded down from a 99 Suburban and was concerned about the loss in space but the TB turned out to be fine. Handles well and I'm proud to say the engine light has only came on once because of a faulty gas cap.

After owning a Suburban, I am very pleased with the mpg. It is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned and is very comfortable the 4.6 has more than enough power.

Needs better speakers!!!!!