2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Good SUV
By Brent on 08/22/07 14:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Upgraded from an Impala LS to Trailblazer for more storage and light hauling. Very pleased with overall performance - acceleration leaves a little to be desired, but I was coming from an Impala. I have driven in 2 blizzards already and felt very relaxed. Gas mileage is a little bummer - I average around 13 in city and 18 on highway. After 3 years and 30K miles, I have only had it in for routine maintenance.

Love my Trailblzer
By Blueskies on 06/28/07 07:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A friend told me about how she loved her Trailblazer. I bought a new one in 2004 and have been in love with it ever since. There was only one minor recall, I have not had any problems with it (knock on wood), and the service people at the dealership are so pleasant and helpful. I will drive this SUV until it dies and then I will go out an buy a new Chevy.

My TrailBlazer is a piece of crap
By Chris T on 06/26/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At first I loved it - smooth ride, good size. But we've had nothing but troubles: 3 transmissions in 50,000 miles, electrical problems, computer issues, problems with the fuel injectors. Its been in and out of the repair shop for the last 6 months, and the last time we only had it home for 12 hours before it wouldn't start again. Too bad too, because I loved driving my TB, but the reliability stinks.

Luvin the Trailblazer
By Zak on 06/25/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. A decent amount of room for all your stuff and plenty of power to get it where it needs to go. I had some initial problems with the tachometer sticking when held at a constant rpm. Fourtunatly it was covered under warranty. I also just had to put a wheel bearing in it which was kinda pricy. My vehicle has 60,000 miles on it and I was the second owner. I'm assuming the first owner beat the crap out of the thing and it still drives as smooth as glass. I baby my cars so I think it should last me a good while. I love Chevys and it's because they know how to build something that's tough.

Too Many Problems
By ShyGuyABQ on 04/17/07 08:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer has many of the features I was looking for in a SUV. Plenty of room, comfortable ride and tons of engine power. But all the problems I've had with this vehicle outweigh the positives. I've had problems with the electrical systems, several problems with trim and rubber moldings just falling off for no reason, engine acting up. Nothing major, just a lot of inconveniences. I will not be buying another TrailBlazer.

This SUV stinks
By Cameron Green on 04/12/07 11:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this new and within three months it was in the shop for a loud noise in the engine compartment. After four tries the body shop guy drove it and found the problem. Part of the inside body kit was not put on right at facotry. Not long after that problem was fixed this piece of junk started stalling out on my wife at 60mph. Six times to the dealership, couldn't find problem, I suggested throttle body and sensors. Finally problem fixed when the throttle body and mass air flow sensor got replaced. Will not buy another Chevy.

Love my TrailBlazer but...
By Dasnake on 03/28/07 11:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the way my gray SUV changes colors depending on what it is parked next to and time of day. It can be green one minute then brown or black or purple. Just park it next to a large building of the color desired and voila, it becomes that color! If you have ever seen the Nascar # 24 at night, you will see what I mean. I guess GM and Dupont got together on this color so as to give the public a "new" feature to toy with. Now for the bad news. It drinks more fuel than a V-8 ! Had I known this I would have bought a V- 8 for the extra power and torque that. Granted my wife drives it daily on a round trip to work of less than 3 miles a day, but almost zero traffic and few stops. This makes for 9 to 11 mpg!

Needs improvement
By jcfisherking on 01/26/07 06:12 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had problems with mine. Wheel wells kept falling down, trim around doors fell off several times, transfer case had to be rebuilt at 33,000. Vibration in drive train transferred to rattle under dash that caused me to dump the thing. I couldn't stand being in it when the rattle/vibration started. Never buy one again, ever. Recommend not buy!

A lot of car for the money
By mike on 12/26/06 19:54 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Well equipped for a base model. A good value if you are going to keep it for 5 years plus. Lots of room. Lots of power. Very reliable

Good offroad vehicle
By Jack on 12/02/06 10:12 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Trips include rough offroad and long distance events. Performed well. Problems with clunky second gear shift after four wheel driving. Also, cruise control fails after. Reason unknown but re-enters after battery disconnect for 30 min.