Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

wind noise
By ron rzeppka

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

great vehicle to drive,feel secure in it . not too big but big enough to feel safe!

size,power

terrible wind noise at ALL speeds. oil filter too hard to get to

By Ken

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my trailblazer. I am a drummer and have to haul my equipment every weekend. I traded down from a 99 Suburban and was concerned about the loss in space but the TB turned out to be fine. Handles well and I'm proud to say the engine light has only came on once because of a faulty gas cap.

After owning a Suburban, I am very pleased with the mpg. It is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned and is very comfortable the 4.6 has more than enough power.

Needs better speakers!!!!!

WARNING - TRANSMISSION
By April

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Everything was going great, then at 58,000 miles the line that feeds the transmission fluid rusted out. Dealer said they stock those lines like they stock oil filters because it's such a common problem. It just wouldn't go one day, my choice to spend $4000 to fix it, or send it to the auction and hope to get as much of the $5800 I owe. Auction it is, meanwhile I'm stranded, and it was just a baby. Oh yeah, no trade in value.

Loved the option of 2WD, AWD, 4WD. I live in the Northeast mountains and need those options3

Please make parts out of worthy materials.

Great to drive, stinks to fix
By KC

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this used in 2006. It had 24000 miles on it, ran great, and just enough room for our family of 3 at the time. Over all, the SUV worked great for the first year. Then small things started to happen more and more. First we had to replace our brand new breaks/rotors only after a year 1/2. Second the trunk hatch went out and had to replace that, third our back windshield wiper broke. ($1200 to fix this alone) We also, only after a year of replacing the first set, have to replace our rotors yet again. Something is wrong with the front end, never in a crash, so we are just trading this in this weekend. Last children in car seats don't have leg room from the front/back seat.

Driving, turns great! Trunk space is large enough, great ride over all. Fits 3 carseats great!

More room for children leg room in back seat, small problems that cost a lot, gas mileage.

love it so far
By charlie

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my trailblazer! Remember this is not a luxury SUV and a basic 5 yr old model. After 60k mi this car drives like new. The engine is perfectly balanced and powered for the weight of the vehicle. When pulling heavy trailers feels if there was nothing behind. I still make 17-18 mpg. The level of comfort inside is fantastic, and I drive quite a bit in the city and highway. Chevy did a great job putting it together and really making this car a truly heavy duty car in every aspect from inside the hood to its logo. If kept well with services, and scheduled maintenance, you will find no problems, but the ones expected in a high mileage car. A car to drive for all purposes (literally)!!

Cargo space, Storage areas and easy access, Engine power, Privacy Glass, Comfort, MPGs (being a mid- size SUV), Rear A/C controls, Standard towing hitch, Performance at low and high RPMs, Fold-down back seats, Upholstery quality, Rear-view mirrors- big enough, and safety features.

Outside plastic trims are fading, Radio components and quality not the best, Need a smoother gear box and transmission when changing from P to D or P to R, More torque, Bigger Brakes, A bit lower center of gravity for turns, and u-turns.