2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Great vehicle
By scott in ct on 04/01/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my TrailBlazer for a few months now and have had no problems to this day. The vehicle is great on trips and in the snow. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Not sure
By JoAnn on 03/03/08 07:12 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Really like it so far. Just got it. Really rides good. Would like to get owners manual about it none was with it.

Don't buy a trailblazer
By BONBON1977 on 01/28/08 12:23 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I do not recommend this vehicle. I have had nothing but problems with it. I have issues with the headlights dimming when I apply the brakes, the buttons on the radio have chipped off, the leather seats were worn after about 4 months, as well as weather stripping problems and turn signal malfunctions. Just to name a few of the problems.Eventhough I had an extended warranty, GM found reasons to cover none of my problems. I wanted an SUV and was excited when I bought this one as I thought I was buying a vehicle that I would love and drive for many years. Now I'm just looking forward to the day that I can trade it in for something else and not have to roll negative equity into my next vehicle.

BE WARY....
By dhamernik on 01/26/08 13:44 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I would be very wary of buying a used T-blazer. the reliability of them is to be questioned. I have spent $1500 in repairs this last year (not covered by warranty) & I still need another $1500. Part of that is the instrument panel that goes out between 40k-50k miles...

Gee, I could have had a V-8
By RCHopper on 09/09/07 19:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Satelite radio, OnStar, sunroof rear wiper 4WD, trailer hitch. Comfortable ride. What more could one want? AN ENGINE, THAT'S WHAT! I was willing to trade down from a Tahoe and save on gas and emmisions, etc. I have a sluggish car that gets less mpg (12-15) than my I got with my V-8 Tahoe. Very dissappointed in this L6.

Trailblazer LS 4WD
By omar on 08/26/07 00:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer LS 4wd in 2006. Overall, it's a great vehicle. Has a punchy v-6 motor and has been very reliable. However, I wish Chevy had put extra efforts on the SUV's interior and handling

Good SUV
By Brent on 08/22/07 14:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Upgraded from an Impala LS to Trailblazer for more storage and light hauling. Very pleased with overall performance - acceleration leaves a little to be desired, but I was coming from an Impala. I have driven in 2 blizzards already and felt very relaxed. Gas mileage is a little bummer - I average around 13 in city and 18 on highway. After 3 years and 30K miles, I have only had it in for routine maintenance.

Love my Trailblzer
By Blueskies on 06/28/07 07:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A friend told me about how she loved her Trailblazer. I bought a new one in 2004 and have been in love with it ever since. There was only one minor recall, I have not had any problems with it (knock on wood), and the service people at the dealership are so pleasant and helpful. I will drive this SUV until it dies and then I will go out an buy a new Chevy.

My TrailBlazer is a piece of crap
By Chris T on 06/26/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At first I loved it - smooth ride, good size. But we've had nothing but troubles: 3 transmissions in 50,000 miles, electrical problems, computer issues, problems with the fuel injectors. Its been in and out of the repair shop for the last 6 months, and the last time we only had it home for 12 hours before it wouldn't start again. Too bad too, because I loved driving my TB, but the reliability stinks.

Luvin the Trailblazer
By Zak on 06/25/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. A decent amount of room for all your stuff and plenty of power to get it where it needs to go. I had some initial problems with the tachometer sticking when held at a constant rpm. Fourtunatly it was covered under warranty. I also just had to put a wheel bearing in it which was kinda pricy. My vehicle has 60,000 miles on it and I was the second owner. I'm assuming the first owner beat the crap out of the thing and it still drives as smooth as glass. I baby my cars so I think it should last me a good while. I love Chevys and it's because they know how to build something that's tough.