2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Not a bad SUV, just bad timing
By Jro on 07/17/08 07:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 TrailBlazer around a year ago and have put around 14,000 on it since. As of 43,000 miles there have been no real problems thus far. The engine I find is perfectly powered to deal with towing boats, trail riding, and on-ramp acceleration. I have only two complaints the 8" ground clearance when I am on trails or the beach (my girlfriends Rav 4 sits higher) and the whopping 18mpg on the highway. At $4.20 a gallon where I live its a beast keeping the tank full. As far as cornering, it's an SUV. What can you really expect.

Love it almost
By terrye on 07/15/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love this vehicle in everyway except have had numerous problems with transmission. Would recommend this vehicle but Chevy needs to improve the transmission design.

Better Quality
By jerry on 06/13/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had TrailBlazer for almost 2 years. Have had it in the shop 3 times and is heading back for service 4 wheel drive light is on and I have not used the 4 wheel drive for 3 months. The interior is pretty cheap and the middle arm rest is squeaky when you rest your arm on it. The mpgs I get are about 16/17. When you fill up, gas always spills out at the end. Have always bought GM vehicles and this will be the last one I buy.

Chevy has come a long way.
By Chevy TrailBlazer on 05/28/08 22:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Since I have had my TrailBlazer I have had few problems. Vehicle has required only routine service. I am pleased with many things with my vehicle however it does leave things to be desired. This will be my last American made vehicle since the thing is only worth a fraction of what I paid for it considering it is in perfect used condition. This vehicle is built more like a 2000 then a 2004 lacking features other SUV's of the same year offer. The engine could have been a little more refined with a lot more power and better fuel economy. I was recently looking at the new 2008 TrailBlazer and Chevy has made some great improvements.

Great vehicle
By scott in ct on 04/01/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my TrailBlazer for a few months now and have had no problems to this day. The vehicle is great on trips and in the snow. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Not sure
By JoAnn on 03/03/08 07:12 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Really like it so far. Just got it. Really rides good. Would like to get owners manual about it none was with it.

Don't buy a trailblazer
By BONBON1977 on 01/28/08 12:23 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I do not recommend this vehicle. I have had nothing but problems with it. I have issues with the headlights dimming when I apply the brakes, the buttons on the radio have chipped off, the leather seats were worn after about 4 months, as well as weather stripping problems and turn signal malfunctions. Just to name a few of the problems.Eventhough I had an extended warranty, GM found reasons to cover none of my problems. I wanted an SUV and was excited when I bought this one as I thought I was buying a vehicle that I would love and drive for many years. Now I'm just looking forward to the day that I can trade it in for something else and not have to roll negative equity into my next vehicle.

BE WARY....
By dhamernik on 01/26/08 13:44 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I would be very wary of buying a used T-blazer. the reliability of them is to be questioned. I have spent $1500 in repairs this last year (not covered by warranty) & I still need another $1500. Part of that is the instrument panel that goes out between 40k-50k miles...

Gee, I could have had a V-8
By RCHopper on 09/09/07 19:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Satelite radio, OnStar, sunroof rear wiper 4WD, trailer hitch. Comfortable ride. What more could one want? AN ENGINE, THAT'S WHAT! I was willing to trade down from a Tahoe and save on gas and emmisions, etc. I have a sluggish car that gets less mpg (12-15) than my I got with my V-8 Tahoe. Very dissappointed in this L6.

Trailblazer LS 4WD
By omar on 08/26/07 00:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer LS 4wd in 2006. Overall, it's a great vehicle. Has a punchy v-6 motor and has been very reliable. However, I wish Chevy had put extra efforts on the SUV's interior and handling