Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 290 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

American Longevity!
By dcpre5

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It seems that most people only write reviews when they are dissatisfied with something and don't do anything when they are pleased.
I've owned my trailblazer since it was brand new and it just turned over 200,000 miles.
This vehicle has never given me a problem and I have full confidence in it and wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.
I just put new tires, brakes, shocks, and struts on it so I fully expect it to go up to a quarter million miles.
The amazing thing is when a person looks at the outside or the inside they wouldn't have a clue about the mileage.
It has held up very well.
No oil leaks, no rust and no rips in the fabric on the interior.
Good Job General Motors!

Longevity and power.

Gas mileage

Trailblazer
By jessie27

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car. I got it in 2007 when it was 3 years old and it is now 7 years old. I have never had to take it in for major repairs (only oil changes and tune ups) It has never once stalled on me. It has 72,000 miles. It gets about 20 mpg on the highway and about 15 in town. The seats are for the most part comfortable only when you go on long trips do they become slightly uncomfortable. The interior design is pretty simple, I don't need fancy. I love the exterior color as well it is a really deep blue metallic with a gold pinstripe. I have got a lot of compliments on the car. It rides nice and I love driving it. It is great off road too. I love it and would highly recommend it to you.

Buyer beware!!
By khaigh

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my Subaru Outback with 300,000 miles for a brand new 2004 trailblazer. As soon as it was driven off the lot the truck stalled and the dealership said nothing was wrong. This problem continued. My husband, being a mechanic, found the problem that Chevy would not pay for...a bad air pump. We sunk over 8,000 into this truck and were stuck with it until 2010, when my husband traded it in for a 2010 Subaru. The truck is a mechanical nightmare. Chevy stopped producing the truck due to the excessive complaints. Also, not a good ride for people with back problems. I am so glad I no longer own this SUV and am so happy I got a Subaru Outback back...which I will never part with again!

The whole mechanical design. Chevy should back there product up and not leave customers with a bad taste for Chevy!!

Why no recalls from GM
By Solid 7 rating

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my TB (32,000 miles) used with manufacture warranty and a good dealership to stand behind it. The original owner was from Pennsylvania which has rough winter weather. Spare tire mechanism was frozen,dealership replaced for free. Tb ran great with no major repairs until aug/nov/dec 2009- replace headlight assy $370 because the adjuster for the light bulb was broken, $350 to replace inst panel because the speedometer stopped functioning, $25 replace gas cap, replace left u-joint, sway joints, sway bar in front $800, first set of brakes&rotors since my ownership $400 back & front. Overall I'm pleased with it's performance. GM should've put recalls out for headlight &inst panel.

Handles great in Ice/Snow,place Kelly tires on,rotate as sched & they last almost 3 yrs.Warms up nice,ABS works great,lots of cargo room, gray interior is simple but nice,great for long hwy trips. Nice sound sys

After seeing numerous complaints on the internet re: the inst panel &headlight assy,GM should have a recall out for these. The inst panel is also used in the 2004 chevy silverado with the same issue,goes sporadic & then dies.

Trailblazer
By PK

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A good looking, comfortable vehicle. Nearly 100,000 miles and only one major ($600) repair outside of typical maintenance. Great in foul weather.

Easy 4wd switching. Smooth, quiet ride.

a bit too much body roll when cornering hard.