2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Speedometer Failure
By btowne on 05/18/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am happy with the Trailblazer, it's wonderful for road trips even though gas mileage is an issue. My complaint is the instrument panel failure at 45,000 miles and no help from GM or the dealership, and from what I have read on the Internet this is a common problem with this year of TB's. It will be my last GM product.

2004 Trailblazer rear seats
By Bill on 05/10/09 17:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Really like the Trailblazer. Fun to drive. Never had an issue - mechanically... Can pull/trailer but uses some gas. Had an S-10 Blazer and wanted to "upgrade." Liked the S-10 Blazer's gas mileage better even when towing... Back seats on the Trailblazer only lay down if you pull fronts seats all the way up... S-10 didn't have to adjust the front seats... Should have kept the s-10 blazer... if you find one, get it... Trailblazer? Dime a dozen. Find one with low miles - you'll be happy. Plenty of storage room in the back - it's an suv.

Love my TrailBlazer
By FFHEAP on 05/05/09 14:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After a long search, purchased the 2004 TrailBlazer for its carring capacity and its towing capacity. Very comfortable to drive on city streets and highway. It tends to be very noisy when driven fast. Very good value if maintenance is kept up.

Not a bad deal
By Rebel on 01/24/09 20:59 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my TB for four months now, and I'm pretty happy with it. I average 13-15 miles in combined city/highway driving. The car drives ok for a truck, but I feel like the handling is very rubbery (compared to my F150). It's more than OK for normal driving, though. And it's spacious enough to handle all my normal cargo for weekend trips and my dog (German Sheppard) has plenty of space in the back. It's a good car, really.

Love It
By Becky on 01/20/09 15:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck 2 weeks ago, so I can only speak to the reliability during that time. So far, so good. I do know the dash was replaced before I bought it, so that timebomb is taken care of. As to gas mileage, I'm getting on average of 22 mpg highway and 15 city. Comparable to my F150. Love the handling. Snow and ice don't make me nervous anymore. This thing is a rock! I'd buy a new one tomorrow if I could. Much better than the Explorer, and I'm usually a diehard Ford freak. The stereo and DVD are just icing. Love the straight 6.

4 year owner
By wbertacchini on 01/09/09 09:04 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our TB for 4 years and have had very little wrong with it. Some issues in the beginning, but has been great since (knock on wood). We average 17 in the city and 21+ on the highway. For a big 4x4 with a big interior it is a great buy. We plan on driving it till it stops.

Still Going Strong
By Jim Zis on 10/17/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Four and a half years later, still going strong. Pick up from a stop is acceptable and very impressive acceleration in the higher RPM range. Front leather seats have very little side support during turns. Ride is smooth and confortable but road feel in the steering is lacking. In 4 1/2 years the problems have been: Right front wheel bearing went bad, replaced hub and bearing, wire harness at right headlight melted, a new pig tail was installed, memory for driver 2 with all its settings are lost then reappear the next time the vehicle is used, stopped at a traffic light, engine cuts off and the check gauges light comes on, engine will restart fine and the warning light goes off. Lots of ghosts.

Nice
By seaxsickxsmiles on 07/20/08 01:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty good mpg for a V6. But not a lot of go on the road, but more then enought in mud and water. Hugs corners awesome for an suv, and only handles better off road. Very stylish extior and very comfortable interior. Nothing has really gave out on me either, it was a well investment.

Not a bad SUV, just bad timing
By Jro on 07/17/08 07:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 TrailBlazer around a year ago and have put around 14,000 on it since. As of 43,000 miles there have been no real problems thus far. The engine I find is perfectly powered to deal with towing boats, trail riding, and on-ramp acceleration. I have only two complaints the 8" ground clearance when I am on trails or the beach (my girlfriends Rav 4 sits higher) and the whopping 18mpg on the highway. At $4.20 a gallon where I live its a beast keeping the tank full. As far as cornering, it's an SUV. What can you really expect.

Love it almost
By terrye on 07/15/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love this vehicle in everyway except have had numerous problems with transmission. Would recommend this vehicle but Chevy needs to improve the transmission design.