Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

could do better
By candyman

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

drives well on dry pavement.Can't believe how poorly it handles in snow.Won't let my wife drive it in snow since it has zero traction.5 recalls is dissapointing and having my brake lights burn out 3 times is inexcusable. Excellent on highway and lots of room inside.

Favorite Features

roomy inside, drives well on dry roads

Suggested Improvements

nicer interior. standard cruise control and rear defroster would be nice

family car plus cargo
By markl

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

the way i see it its a family car plus great cargo room. i use it to carry cargo in the back with the second seat down. and i use it to drive the family of 5 around town. the milage sucks. i get about 10miles/gallon in the city. i love the ride, its better that alot of suv's i tried. the design is cool enough for me.

Favorite Features

the wheel base design allows you to still park in a car size parking spot. and you can get in and out of that spot with no trouble at all

Suggested Improvements

bigger mirrors to see lower cars on the road.

LOVE MY TRAILBLAZER
By SLIDER

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

WE GOT OUR T-BLAZER 1 WEEK AGO. WE ALL LOVE IT!!! I WASN'T REALLY INTO THE SUV THING. I WANTED A SPORTS CAR. MY HUSBAND ASKED IF I WOULD JUST TRY ONE. I TOLD HIM THE ONLY ONE I WOULD CONSIDER WAS THE TRAILBLAZER. BOY, AM I GLAD I DID!! FROM THE MOMENT I GOT IN I WAS THRILLED.

Favorite Features

DUAL A/C CONTROLLS AND REAR CONTROL. I REALLY LIKE ALL THE SPACE.

Suggested Improvements

NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF

Bang for your Buck
By p819b

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this is a great SUV. Everything you hear about the handling is somewhat true. After all, this is a SUV and not a sports car. As for the Fuel economy I think it does fairly well. I am averaging about 18 to 19 mpg and that is in mixed driving. That is better then most SUV's with the same horsepower and torque. So far the things that have got to me about this truck are the Cup holders and the Floor storage compartment. Cup holders are in a bad place for the A/C controls. The Storage Compartment Tab broke the first day. Those are two minor things that I can over look for the value I got in return.

Favorite Features

The Radio with RDS feature that shows the name of the Song and the name of the Band is really cool. And donít forget the horsepower!!! This thing flies!!!

Suggested Improvements

It needs the Dashboard and center console upgrade. And the floor Storage compartment redesigned.

GREAT FAMILY CAR
By MEGAROO

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

THIS CAR I THINK IS THE BEST FAMILY CAR. YOU CAN FIT KIDS IN THERE EASLIY ALONG WITH ALL OF THE FAMILY BELONGINGS WITHOUT FEELING CRAMPT IN SIDE. I WOULD RECCOMEND THIS CAR TO EVERYONE!!!