Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Trailblazer 04
By sam1984

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have wanted to love my 2004 Trailblazer since I bought it in 2006. But from the day I got it I have had nothing but bad luck and problems. Replaced transmission twice. Taillights are constantly going out. AC has been fixed numerous times, will work about month and go out. Sensors are constantly being changed. I have finally saved up enough money to junk this thing. And that's what it is junk!

The heat never failed. That's about it.

Apologize

04 Trailblazer not as good as my 06 Tahoe
By 4l60e

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Trailblazer n 08. It had 65,000 miles on it. The 1st. problem I notice was the a/c took to long to cool down. I check the trans fluid and the dip stick had rust on it. I forgot about the rust and bought it anyway. The CEL came on a few weeks later and I had to replace the thermostat. A few months down the road the trans begin to slip going to 3rd. gear. I had to replace the clutch fan to fix the a/c and installed a corvette servo to fix the slip. I've had to replace a motor mount, 2 water pumps and an instrument cluster. Last X-mas, I rebuilt the valve body to fix a TCC jerk @ 65mph. Now I need a rear end @ 134,000 miles.

275hp inline DOHC 6 cylinder to GM didn't put a 5 speed transmission in it. Good brakes and it handle pretty good. Really strong frame.

5 or 6 speed transmission

303,000 miles and going strong
By jweil810

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm absolutely amazed that I have over 300,000 miles on this car. It will be 10 years old in November.

Why no recalls from GM
By Solid 7 rating

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my TB (32,000 miles) used with manufacture warranty and a good dealership to stand behind it. The original owner was from Pennsylvania which has rough winter weather. Spare tire mechanism was frozen,dealership replaced for free. Tb ran great with no major repairs until aug/nov/dec 2009- replace headlight assy $370 because the adjuster for the light bulb was broken, $350 to replace inst panel because the speedometer stopped functioning, $25 replace gas cap, replace left u-joint, sway joints, sway bar in front $800, first set of brakes&rotors since my ownership $400 back & front. Overall I'm pleased with it's performance. GM should've put recalls out for headlight &inst panel.

Handles great in Ice/Snow,place Kelly tires on,rotate as sched & they last almost 3 yrs.Warms up nice,ABS works great,lots of cargo room, gray interior is simple but nice,great for long hwy trips. Nice sound sys

After seeing numerous complaints on the internet re: the inst panel &headlight assy,GM should have a recall out for these. The inst panel is also used in the 2004 chevy silverado with the same issue,goes sporadic & then dies.

Done with GM
By Chad R,

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When it was 2 weeks old had the radio replaced for eating a CD. At 37K mile mark I had a noise in the rear. Dealer tore apart the rear end and it was in pieces.(metal fatigue) Also while in had lumbar motor replaced(it burned out after using it 3 times).. $3000 to fix both. 50K mark..Drivers side window wont seal at high speeds (interstate) when putting window up. 44K mark fuel computer chip fail. Had towed and dealer had to replace computer chip and fix the fuel system... $1600 fix. at 67K mark RPM gauge failed. Drivers side window wont seal at high speeds(interstate) when putting window up. Typical USA vehicle. 73K on it now and I'm trying to dump before my wallet goes dry

Nice power and towing capable

Poor quality from US company to no surprise. Buying foreign from here on out