2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Avoid if buying used
By bigappel85 on 07/31/14 14:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a used trailblazer with 80,000 miles and it has been a nightmare every since seem like something major breaks on it every month. I have replaced every sensor the onstar computer failed which killed the battery everyday. 4x4 works when it feels like it and have replaced every suspension part on it, Have replaced the passanger seat belt twice after it keeps locking up. Paint clear coat is coming off too. Wish I would have kept my 96 jeep grand cherokee.

Worth it if taken care of.
By wells596 on 05/15/14 09:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's a good truck if it's taken care of. I bought the truck from a friend that's owned it since brand new in 2004 he got lazy with the oil changes and it ended up blowing a crank seal which blew the motor. He had me put a motor in it then I bought and it's been running fine ever since. I've had a few problems with it. Transfer case blew up valve cover seals. but all and all it's a good truck. I take it out and beat on it in the trails I jump it haul my 3,000 pound trailer behind it almost every day and it hauls fine. Love it.

Very nice suv
By mmatt400 on 10/14/13 07:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this suv for about 2 years I bout It with 89,000 miles on it now I have 102982 I have had to change the fan cluch and water pump on it thats all Iv done to it she runs great this suv will get up and go its fast and really reliable the 4X4 works well drove it in snow and mud fantastic never got stuck once while my freinds in has jeep got stuck I was laughing. I thought jeeps were supposed to be able to go off road. This is the best suv I have ever owned. I can see it running to 400,000 miles No problem a co worker of mine has the same car and she's driving up to 300,000 miles and still driving. I also for got to mention that I am very tall about 6,6 I fit in the very well.

Functional
By horsepower7 on 12/10/12 14:04 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i have owned it since 2005 and when i bought it the dealer put a towing package on it it had about 100,000 miles on it. it is great for light towing. i have also taken it of road onto some trails hunting. It goes through snow and ice really well and i should know i live in northern WI.but for this particular Model trailBlazer I have found that many of my friends that have owned one along with mine have had the exaust manufold crack around 120,000 to 140,000. overall my trail blazer has 157,000 miles on it. there is a slight leak of anti-freeze in the rear heater coil. Personally my trailblazer has done its job and will continue to for a good many miles.

This Trailblazer just keeps on trailing!
By chevyvortecs on 09/06/12 21:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this Trailblazer for as is old now, with 140,000 miles on it. It has only ever been towed once, for a clogged catalytic converter at about 60,000 miles. Also at about 120,000 miles the exhaust manafold cracked and needed to be replaced. But hey all cars break... Besides the short list of problems, this car has been wonderful, its been used hard and still pulls the fishing boat in the hills on weekends with ease. Great family car. Great cargo hauler. Number one choice for family trips. Loaded. Third row seat model (EXT). It has it all. This is the best Chevy I've ever had! If you need a good utility or person hauler. This is a comfortable, reliable choice you can be happy with.

What a waste!!
By drum121181 on 08/30/11 09:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in Feb. Ran great for 5 months. In the last month I've spent $1850 on repairs!! Accelerator pedal position sensor, the computer, and the thermostat. All one week after the other. Now it's been stalling on me for the past week. The shop can't seem to find anything wrong with it, but they want to to actually stall on them so they can see what's wrong with it. It cranks back up after it stalls. The radio also screws up, but it was replaced by previous owner. I def got a crappy deal out of this one. I like the size since I'm a musician. But overall....I should have gotten the Pathfinder!!

American Longevity!
By dcpre5 on 06/23/11 19:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It seems that most people only write reviews when they are dissatisfied with something and don't do anything when they are pleased. I've owned my trailblazer since it was brand new and it just turned over 200,000 miles. This vehicle has never given me a problem and I have full confidence in it and wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. I just put new tires, brakes, shocks, and struts on it so I fully expect it to go up to a quarter million miles. The amazing thing is when a person looks at the outside or the inside they wouldn't have a clue about the mileage. It has held up very well. No oil leaks, no rust and no rips in the fabric on the interior. Good Job General Motors!

Changed my mind
By Alex T on 07/28/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I used to be a Toyota only driver. I have found a new love with this Chevy. I feel comfortable, and confident. This truck allows me the comfort of knowing that my wife and daughter will not have to wait for a tow on the side of the road. Good Job Chevy.

First Repair is a killer
By Scott Stewart on 12/10/09 06:55 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Trailblazer used from Carmax with about 14000 miles. It's mostly used for travel, as the gas mileage makes it tough to commute in. Just this week I noticed a hum in the front end.. It's the front hubs, bith need to be replaced, with a front end alignment to the tune of over $1000. I haven't even ventured into the faulty speedometer and random flashing dashboard lights.. this will become a trade in sooner than later.

Great to drive, stinks to fix
By KC on 09/13/09 09:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this used in 2006. It had 24000 miles on it, ran great, and just enough room for our family of 3 at the time. Over all, the SUV worked great for the first year. Then small things started to happen more and more. First we had to replace our brand new breaks/rotors only after a year 1/2. Second the trunk hatch went out and had to replace that, third our back windshield wiper broke. ($1200 to fix this alone) We also, only after a year of replacing the first set, have to replace our rotors yet again. Something is wrong with the front end, never in a crash, so we are just trading this in this weekend. Last children in car seats don't have leg room from the front/back seat.