Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Avoid if buying used
By bigappel85

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a used trailblazer with 80,000 miles and it has been a nightmare every since seem like something major breaks on it every month. I have replaced every sensor the onstar computer failed which killed the battery everyday. 4x4 works when it feels like it and have replaced every suspension part on it, Have replaced the passanger seat belt twice after it keeps locking up. Paint clear coat is coming off too. Wish I would have kept my 96 jeep grand cherokee.

Worth it if taken care of.
By wells596

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's a good truck if it's taken care of. I bought the truck from a friend that's owned it since brand new in 2004 he got lazy with the oil changes and it ended up blowing a crank seal which blew the motor. He had me put a motor in it then I bought and it's been running fine ever since. I've had a few problems with it. Transfer case blew up valve cover seals. but all and all it's a good truck. I take it out and beat on it in the trails I jump it haul my 3,000 pound trailer behind it almost every day and it hauls fine. Love it.

Suggested Improvements

Should have been a v6 not a straight 6.

Very nice suv
By mmatt400

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this suv for about 2 years I bout It with 89,000 miles on it now I have 102982 I have had to change the fan cluch and water pump on it thats all Iv done to it she runs great this suv will get up and go its fast and really reliable the 4X4 works well drove it in snow and mud fantastic never got stuck once while my freinds in has jeep got stuck I was laughing. I thought jeeps were supposed to be able to go off road. This is the best suv I have ever owned. I can see it running to 400,000 miles No problem a co worker of mine has the same car and she's driving up to 300,000 miles and still driving. I also for got to mention that I am very tall about 6,6 I fit in the very well.

Favorite Features

4x4. Looks great

Functional
By horsepower7

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i have owned it since 2005 and when i bought it the dealer put a towing package on it it had about 100,000 miles on it. it is great for light towing. i have also taken it of road onto some trails hunting. It goes through snow and ice really well and i should know i live in northern WI.but for this particular Model trailBlazer I have found that many of my friends that have owned one along with mine have had the exaust manufold crack around 120,000 to 140,000. overall my trail blazer has 157,000 miles on it. there is a slight leak of anti-freeze in the rear heater coil. Personally my trailblazer has done its job and will continue to for a good many miles.

Favorite Features

I love the fact it can tow at low RPMs because i am using less gas then when i use my truck. i also like that besides from hauling wood itll haul most things.

Suggested Improvements

I think if Chevy was still making them they shouldnt have made the plastics so cheap on the interior.

This Trailblazer just keeps on trailing!
By chevyvortecs

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this Trailblazer for as is old now, with 140,000 miles on it. It has only ever been towed once, for a clogged catalytic converter at about 60,000 miles. Also at about 120,000 miles the exhaust manafold cracked and needed to be replaced. But hey all cars break... Besides the short list of problems, this car has been wonderful, its been used hard and still pulls the fishing boat in the hills on weekends with ease. Great family car. Great cargo hauler. Number one choice for family trips. Loaded. Third row seat model (EXT). It has it all. This is the best Chevy I've ever had! If you need a good utility or person hauler. This is a comfortable, reliable choice you can be happy with.

Favorite Features

Good looking Interior and Exterior. Most powerful Inline 6 engine I've ever driven. Plenty of towing capability. Good off road capability. Comfortable ride. Good quality interior. Exceptional highway passing power. Overall. Solid car.

Suggested Improvements

Does not get the millage you would expect any six cylinder too, 14 city 18 highway for my 4x4 EXT model.