2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Not a bad deal
By Rebel on 01/24/09 20:59 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my TB for four months now, and I'm pretty happy with it. I average 13-15 miles in combined city/highway driving. The car drives ok for a truck, but I feel like the handling is very rubbery (compared to my F150). It's more than OK for normal driving, though. And it's spacious enough to handle all my normal cargo for weekend trips and my dog (German Sheppard) has plenty of space in the back. It's a good car, really.

Nice
By seaxsickxsmiles on 07/20/08 01:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty good mpg for a V6. But not a lot of go on the road, but more then enought in mud and water. Hugs corners awesome for an suv, and only handles better off road. Very stylish extior and very comfortable interior. Nothing has really gave out on me either, it was a well investment.

Love it almost
By terrye on 07/15/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love this vehicle in everyway except have had numerous problems with transmission. Would recommend this vehicle but Chevy needs to improve the transmission design.

New SUV Driver
By Jim B on 07/29/05 18:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a good vehicle, overall. I would like to see some of the features on the dash moved just a little, but is otherwise very nice to drive. It's a lot of fun!

Happy TB Camper
By DukeCylk on 04/13/05 21:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am very satisfied with our vehicle. The torque and horsepower are exceptional. My only complaint is that the new stadium seating concept makes it difficult to see where you are going when backing up.

SUV
By TARAH on 11/30/04 19:52 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I use my Trailblazer primarily for my business. It's great driving and easy to get around. I went smaller with the Trailblazer from a Dodge Ram. It's gas intake is easier on the pocketbook.

The best TrailBlazer Ever!
By Zeke Bronson on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had 3 TrailBlazers since they were restyled in 2002. This 2004 2wd TrailBlazer LT is the best ever. The 4.2L engine w/3.42 rear gets great fuel mileage on the highway ... 21+ mpg. That's really good since most of my driving is highway. The seats are comfortable, and I have not been back to the dealership since I bought it. I love this TrailBlazer, and may keep it another year and get a 2006 model.

Excellent truck
By Jaybird on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven a 1985 s10 blazer for 7 years and still drive today. So as a chevy man, I went with a trailblazer as my first vehicle, that I purchased on my own. It has good pick up with the Inline 6 engine and quiet. I tow a 17 foot boat and the truck has no problems pulling it. The only problem I had was the fuel/air ratio was off and the dealer fixed at to charge to me. For comfort and style the trailblazer is an excellent vehicle.

noisy stabilizer links
By duncan_william on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had rattle near front wheels. Had dealer guy ride and he said it was R/I front sway bar. dealer replaced both front stabilizer links and that fixed the rattle(01/04/04). Now I hear it coming back(sept/04). Is there a lub I can apply or is there a permanent fix? Comments anyone. Thanx all.

My Trailblazer
By Hammer6970 on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had an 02 and I can definatly say that the fir and finish of the the 04 is a marked improvement.