2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
303,000 miles and going strong
By jweil810 on 06/25/14 17:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm absolutely amazed that I have over 300,000 miles on this car. It will be 10 years old in November.

Why no recalls from GM
By Solid 7 rating on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my TB (32,000 miles) used with manufacture warranty and a good dealership to stand behind it. The original owner was from Pennsylvania which has rough winter weather. Spare tire mechanism was frozen,dealership replaced for free. Tb ran great with no major repairs until aug/nov/dec 2009- replace headlight assy $370 because the adjuster for the light bulb was broken, $350 to replace inst panel because the speedometer stopped functioning, $25 replace gas cap, replace left u-joint, sway joints, sway bar in front $800, first set of brakes&rotors since my ownership $400 back & front. Overall I'm pleased with it's performance. GM should've put recalls out for headlight &inst panel.

Done with GM
By Chad R, on 02/17/10 20:09 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When it was 2 weeks old had the radio replaced for eating a CD. At 37K mile mark I had a noise in the rear. Dealer tore apart the rear end and it was in pieces.(metal fatigue) Also while in had lumbar motor replaced(it burned out after using it 3 times).. $3000 to fix both. 50K mark..Drivers side window wont seal at high speeds (interstate) when putting window up. 44K mark fuel computer chip fail. Had towed and dealer had to replace computer chip and fix the fuel system... $1600 fix. at 67K mark RPM gauge failed. Drivers side window wont seal at high speeds(interstate) when putting window up. Typical USA vehicle. 73K on it now and I'm trying to dump before my wallet goes dry

Fav Vehicle
By Jack Daniels on 02/03/10 07:19 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

6 years old and still running and looking GREAT. I will probably keep this vehicle another 6 years. it has been an absolute pleasure to drive!!

wind noise
By ron rzeppka on 10/04/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

great vehicle to drive,feel secure in it . not too big but big enough to feel safe!

By Ken on 10/04/09 08:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my trailblazer. I am a drummer and have to haul my equipment every weekend. I traded down from a 99 Suburban and was concerned about the loss in space but the TB turned out to be fine. Handles well and I'm proud to say the engine light has only came on once because of a faulty gas cap.

love it so far
By charlie on 08/15/09 07:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my trailblazer! Remember this is not a luxury SUV and a basic 5 yr old model. After 60k mi this car drives like new. The engine is perfectly balanced and powered for the weight of the vehicle. When pulling heavy trailers feels if there was nothing behind. I still make 17-18 mpg. The level of comfort inside is fantastic, and I drive quite a bit in the city and highway. Chevy did a great job putting it together and really making this car a truly heavy duty car in every aspect from inside the hood to its logo. If kept well with services, and scheduled maintenance, you will find no problems, but the ones expected in a high mileage car. A car to drive for all purposes (literally)!!

Poor reliability
By Disappointed Owner on 07/14/09 15:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car new and discovered the driver side window worked very slow. Dealer replaced motor three times and worked on it on at least 10 visits. Never was fixed! Transmission went out at 70000 miles. Car was never driven hard and perfectly maintained. Numerous problems with emission air motors to the tune of $200 a pop. Had to replace the drivers side hub assembly, (bad bearing), $350. Oil gauge stopped working at 85000 miles. Change oil light very difficult to reset. Rubber seal on back doors had to be re glued twice. Engine runs very well with no problems, have used nothing but synthetic oil for life of car. Radio lighting goes on and off. No Low Fan control for AC or heat.

BE WARY....
By dhamernik on 01/26/08 13:44 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I would be very wary of buying a used T-blazer. the reliability of them is to be questioned. I have spent $1500 in repairs this last year (not covered by warranty) & I still need another $1500. Part of that is the instrument panel that goes out between 40k-50k miles...

Too Many Problems
By ShyGuyABQ on 04/17/07 08:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer has many of the features I was looking for in a SUV. Plenty of room, comfortable ride and tons of engine power. But all the problems I've had with this vehicle outweigh the positives. I've had problems with the electrical systems, several problems with trim and rubber moldings just falling off for no reason, engine acting up. Nothing major, just a lot of inconveniences. I will not be buying another TrailBlazer.