Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 290 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Love
By Beth

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. When I bought my new silverado the keys for SUV went to my husband, I cried! I love my TB. Bought it new, not one day did it let me down.

Best vehicle I've owned in 65 years of driving
By John Oberg

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle and has held up well from being used in salt and on dirt and gravel roads. It has both AWD and 4WD which you cannot find anymore in a midsize SUV. GM climate control is great. The downsides are common to many SUV's and light trucks and they are front wheel bearing assemblies and rear disc brakes used in salt, mud, and on rough roads. Original front wheel bearing assemblies were expensive and didn't last more than 30 to 40k miles, however, the price of replacements have dropped and life span has increased. Too bad GM stopped making the Trailblazer in 2009, although I understand it has been revived and being manufactured in China for foreign sales and the possibility of being brought back to the US.

I'm just paying off mine and repairs have cost mo!
By Mel

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The trailblazers are to big for the frame they are on. With that being said they usually have a ton of front end problems. II have spent hundreds on repeat repairs on my trailblazer. I got it from a dealership with 64,000 miles on it and now 3 years later I have 212,100 miles on it and I swear I hate it breaking all the time. Mine is the luxury with heated leather seats 3rd row seating running boards sun roof etc.

Well I don't drive it rough and I stay with the upkeep on it (frequent oil changes). I have replaced the whole front end. Bearings, struts, shocksshocks,joints, brakes, ball joints, catalac converter, windshield, rear defrost, rear lights, speakers just working when they want (go in and out constantly). The rear wiper doesn't work. Alignments been done and won't stay aligned. Middle row middle seat belt locked and won't go up or down. Window in the rear won't open jammed shut.

I will never buy another one of these. I needed a vehicle and I traded in my Saturn Vue for this and I wish I didn't but my family grew so I really had to unfortunately.

Trailblazer 04
By sam1984

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have wanted to love my 2004 Trailblazer since I bought it in 2006. But from the day I got it I have had nothing but bad luck and problems. Replaced transmission twice. Taillights are constantly going out. AC has been fixed numerous times, will work about month and go out. Sensors are constantly being changed. I have finally saved up enough money to junk this thing. And that's what it is junk!

The heat never failed. That's about it.

Apologize

Avoid if buying used
By bigappel85

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a used trailblazer with 80,000 miles and it has been a nightmare every since seem like something major breaks on it every month. I have replaced every sensor the onstar computer failed which killed the battery everyday. 4x4 works when it feels like it and have replaced every suspension part on it, Have replaced the passanger seat belt twice after it keeps locking up. Paint clear coat is coming off too. Wish I would have kept my 96 jeep grand cherokee.