Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Trailblazer 04
By sam1984

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have wanted to love my 2004 Trailblazer since I bought it in 2006. But from the day I got it I have had nothing but bad luck and problems. Replaced transmission twice. Taillights are constantly going out. AC has been fixed numerous times, will work about month and go out. Sensors are constantly being changed. I have finally saved up enough money to junk this thing. And that's what it is junk!

Favorite Features

The heat never failed. That's about it.

Suggested Improvements

Apologize

Avoid if buying used
By bigappel85

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a used trailblazer with 80,000 miles and it has been a nightmare every since seem like something major breaks on it every month. I have replaced every sensor the onstar computer failed which killed the battery everyday. 4x4 works when it feels like it and have replaced every suspension part on it, Have replaced the passanger seat belt twice after it keeps locking up. Paint clear coat is coming off too. Wish I would have kept my 96 jeep grand cherokee.

04 Trailblazer not as good as my 06 Tahoe
By 4l60e

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Trailblazer n 08. It had 65,000 miles on it. The 1st. problem I notice was the a/c took to long to cool down. I check the trans fluid and the dip stick had rust on it. I forgot about the rust and bought it anyway. The CEL came on a few weeks later and I had to replace the thermostat. A few months down the road the trans begin to slip going to 3rd. gear. I had to replace the clutch fan to fix the a/c and installed a corvette servo to fix the slip. I've had to replace a motor mount, 2 water pumps and an instrument cluster. Last X-mas, I rebuilt the valve body to fix a TCC jerk @ 65mph. Now I need a rear end @ 134,000 miles.

Favorite Features

275hp inline DOHC 6 cylinder to GM didn't put a 5 speed transmission in it. Good brakes and it handle pretty good. Really strong frame.

Suggested Improvements

5 or 6 speed transmission

303,000 miles and going strong
By jweil810

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm absolutely amazed that I have over 300,000 miles on this car. It will be 10 years old in November.

Worth it if taken care of.
By wells596

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's a good truck if it's taken care of. I bought the truck from a friend that's owned it since brand new in 2004 he got lazy with the oil changes and it ended up blowing a crank seal which blew the motor. He had me put a motor in it then I bought and it's been running fine ever since. I've had a few problems with it. Transfer case blew up valve cover seals. but all and all it's a good truck. I take it out and beat on it in the trails I jump it haul my 3,000 pound trailer behind it almost every day and it hauls fine. Love it.

Suggested Improvements

Should have been a v6 not a straight 6.