2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Avoid if buying used
By bigappel85 on 07/31/14 14:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a used trailblazer with 80,000 miles and it has been a nightmare every since seem like something major breaks on it every month. I have replaced every sensor the onstar computer failed which killed the battery everyday. 4x4 works when it feels like it and have replaced every suspension part on it, Have replaced the passanger seat belt twice after it keeps locking up. Paint clear coat is coming off too. Wish I would have kept my 96 jeep grand cherokee.

04 Trailblazer not as good as my 06 Tahoe
By 4l60e on 07/17/14 02:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Trailblazer n 08. It had 65,000 miles on it. The 1st. problem I notice was the a/c took to long to cool down. I check the trans fluid and the dip stick had rust on it. I forgot about the rust and bought it anyway. The CEL came on a few weeks later and I had to replace the thermostat. A few months down the road the trans begin to slip going to 3rd. gear. I had to replace the clutch fan to fix the a/c and installed a corvette servo to fix the slip. I've had to replace a motor mount, 2 water pumps and an instrument cluster. Last X-mas, I rebuilt the valve body to fix a TCC jerk @ 65mph. Now I need a rear end @ 134,000 miles.

303,000 miles and going strong
By jweil810 on 06/25/14 17:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm absolutely amazed that I have over 300,000 miles on this car. It will be 10 years old in November.

Worth it if taken care of.
By wells596 on 05/15/14 09:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's a good truck if it's taken care of. I bought the truck from a friend that's owned it since brand new in 2004 he got lazy with the oil changes and it ended up blowing a crank seal which blew the motor. He had me put a motor in it then I bought and it's been running fine ever since. I've had a few problems with it. Transfer case blew up valve cover seals. but all and all it's a good truck. I take it out and beat on it in the trails I jump it haul my 3,000 pound trailer behind it almost every day and it hauls fine. Love it.

Very nice suv
By mmatt400 on 10/14/13 07:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this suv for about 2 years I bout It with 89,000 miles on it now I have 102982 I have had to change the fan cluch and water pump on it thats all Iv done to it she runs great this suv will get up and go its fast and really reliable the 4X4 works well drove it in snow and mud fantastic never got stuck once while my freinds in has jeep got stuck I was laughing. I thought jeeps were supposed to be able to go off road. This is the best suv I have ever owned. I can see it running to 400,000 miles No problem a co worker of mine has the same car and she's driving up to 300,000 miles and still driving. I also for got to mention that I am very tall about 6,6 I fit in the very well.

Frequently in the shop
By derek27 on 03/02/13 12:50 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

-Engine shuts off while driving, says low oil pressure or service brakes. Both have been inspected, no problems. Looking at replacing the computer system again, since nobody can find the issue. -One headlight and taillight go out each year. -Cruise sensor has been replaced twice (still only works randomly) -Check engine light is always on. 4 different mechanics found nothing wrong, so they replaced the sensor, only for it to come back on a few months later. -4x4 has been serviced several times (four, I think) because it does not engage when placing into Auto 4x4 or 4 high/low. It is broken again and I am looking at a minimum of $600 to fix it again. -Gas tank spills out on every fill.

Functional
By horsepower7 on 12/10/12 14:04 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i have owned it since 2005 and when i bought it the dealer put a towing package on it it had about 100,000 miles on it. it is great for light towing. i have also taken it of road onto some trails hunting. It goes through snow and ice really well and i should know i live in northern WI.but for this particular Model trailBlazer I have found that many of my friends that have owned one along with mine have had the exaust manufold crack around 120,000 to 140,000. overall my trail blazer has 157,000 miles on it. there is a slight leak of anti-freeze in the rear heater coil. Personally my trailblazer has done its job and will continue to for a good many miles.

chevy junk
By anne1954 on 09/21/12 17:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My father always told me to buy chevy. But for me this is my last chevy product. I have replaced seals on the both rear axles because they leaked. The fix did not work on the right rear. Now I am waiting to replace the axle. But it is on National backorder. So it seems like many people are having the same problem. This should be a recall problem. No more chevy junk for me.

This Trailblazer just keeps on trailing!
By chevyvortecs on 09/06/12 21:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this Trailblazer for as is old now, with 140,000 miles on it. It has only ever been towed once, for a clogged catalytic converter at about 60,000 miles. Also at about 120,000 miles the exhaust manafold cracked and needed to be replaced. But hey all cars break... Besides the short list of problems, this car has been wonderful, its been used hard and still pulls the fishing boat in the hills on weekends with ease. Great family car. Great cargo hauler. Number one choice for family trips. Loaded. Third row seat model (EXT). It has it all. This is the best Chevy I've ever had! If you need a good utility or person hauler. This is a comfortable, reliable choice you can be happy with.

Piece of Crap
By jnnfr39 on 09/01/12 02:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2004 trailblazer with 40,000 miles on it 2 years ago. Looked fine inside and out. Have had nothing but problems since I drove it off the lot. From power window motor burning out ( $175 to replace just the motor) to main electronic control panel melting down under the passenger seat directly under my childs car seat,to serious motor problems and all this before I even have 100,000 miles on it. All in all its in the shop more often than not and I usually walk out with a $300 to $500 repair bill. No my mechanic is not a thief. The latest repair is going to be well over $1000. THe check engine light is on all the time and I am absolutely sick of this vechicle. What a dissapointment.