2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Review: Transmission Blew out at 20K

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

LTZ 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Transmission Blew out at 20K
By Kevin on

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is another typical poorly snapped together American tin can. My wife and I decided to be loyalto the US manufacturers, and I have not had a US made car since my Dodge Dart slant 6, which was ugly but reliable! This TrailBlazer was aptly named. Hit the trail and something under the hood will soon be ablaze, as I was told when I had an engine fire at 5,342 miles that was due to oil that spilled on the block. I disagree, since it looks like it originated from a cluster of wires that looks like a rats nest. Then my transmisssion completley failed at 19,456 miles and needed to be completley replaced. They blamed it on us saying we had driven the car hard. We use it to shop!

It does come with quite a few basic features, Bose CD, leather on LTZ, but these seem lower quality than Japanese competitors. Now Chevy is starting employee pricing again, and I cant even get $14K for this thing with only 48K on it! Mad, and learned my lesson. Hopeit gets stolen! But who would?

Eliminate this line. Chevy makes too many gas guzzling 4x4s as is, and this one has so many quirks I can't begin to list them.