2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
SUV with an edge
By jj on 04/03/05 13:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After one year with my Trailblazer. I still look outside and admire its styling. When this SUV came out in 2002. It looked like a vehicle that was capable off road as well as a sporty cruiser around town. My family of 4 fits well in the Blazer. But, for me its a family vehicle that looks youthful and sport. Outside styling Great Inside Styling Functional

The Ulimate SUV
By Patrick on 02/13/05 13:49 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2003 Trailblazer LS All I can Say is WOW .. This is by far the best SUV I have ever driven. Traded a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (JEEP was in the shop every other week Up til the end) Differential problems, Transmission probelms and rotors every 10,000 miles or so -- That is unheard of, well so I thought.. Anyway, drove every mid size SUV before deciding on the Trailblazer. Purchased it because it had the best ride and all the features I wanted and the price was right.. I do not have the wind noise a lot talk about -- As to gas mileage City is around 16 HWY 22 I live in the mountains not the flat lands This is an SUV not a Civic.. I LOVE It Drive one and see for yourself ......

Love my TrailBlazer
By My first Chevy on 01/31/05 18:19 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at all the midsize SUVs (Explorer, Grand Cherokee, and Durango) and picked the TrailBlazer for two reasons: It had the most powerful engine (270 hp), and I loved the body style. I have had no regrets about buying it. Its met or exceeded the expectations I had for it. Whether its taking the family on vacation, going hunting or fishing, or loading up at the Home Depot, my TrailBlazer has done the job. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the market for a mid- size SUV

Luxury Without Ostentation
By zenith on 12/26/04 10:22 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Why would anyone buy an Escalade when this vehicle is available? It's a solid citizen. Reliable. Comfortable. American. Could use heated wiper blade arms for snowy weather. I recommend preventative maintenance. Don't wait for something to wear out. For example, a worn fan belt replaced away from home is always going to be cheaper than replacing a broken one in far off Dogpatch.

THE 2003 ARE BETTER THAN THEN 2002
By STEVO on 12/07/04 22:13 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I LIVE IN UPPER NORTHERN WISCONSIN, AND I HAVE DRIVEN A LOT OF SUV'S AND TRUCKS IN MY TIME. I'VE OWN GMC, CHEVY'S & FORDS. I LOVE MY 2003 TRAILBLAZER. I KNOW THEY HAD ALOT OF PROBELMS WITH THE 2002, BUT MY 2003, I HAVED NO TROUBLE WITH IT EXCEPT FOR A RATTLE THAT I HAD FIXED. THE 2003 HANDLE GREAT. I LOVE DRIVING IN THE SNOW WITH MY TRAILBLAZER. THE ONLY PROBELM I GOT WITH THIS VEHICLE IS THAT THE RESALE VALUE IS CRAP. BUT YOU GET THAT WHEN YOU BUY AMERICAN. MY RECOMMENDATION FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO BUY A SUV. BUY THE 2003 TRAILBLAZER, NOT THE 2002

Trailblazer LS 4WD is quite bland
By Brian on 12/04/04 00:33 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We've had ours for nearly 2 years now. We have put 17K miles on it and haven't had any mechanical issues as of yet. I did not know about the "marinal" crash offset score when we bought it. However, the side impact (front and rear) ratings are excellent. Folks are saying they are getting 14-16MPG with this SUV...we average right at 20MPG (cautious driving technique). The vehicle doesn't handle very well on curvy roads. The steering response is very lack luster. The transmission doesn't seem to know what gear it wants. The interior looks as cheap as they come. The stereo is decent for a base factory model. Rear comfort is like a 2 door sports coupe.

Why did I trade my SUV?
By hand1415 on 11/23/04 14:59 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Trailblazer because it is a great looking SUV. However, I have had several electrical problems. The rear brake lights went our 6 times. The dealer changed the module 3 times before they were fixed. The "Check Engine" light came has come on 3 times. The driver's side mirror never returns to the proper position. The driver's heated seat module had to be replaced. The rear window washer hose has developed a kink in it. The rear seats are very uncomfortable and the driver's seat lacks support. The vehicle has deprieciated much faster than I thought was possible. My three previous SUVs were only in the shop for warranty work once, to repair a fog light that had burned out.

My TrailBlazer - AWESOME
By Robby Hukka on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Chevy TrailBlazer for almost two years now and I do some really heavy driving. Not only has my TrailBlazer been outstanding in the 52,000 miles it has taken me it gives me a sense of security while I'm on the road. My TrailBlazer is not equipped with OnStar but its powerful presence and large stance makes me feel empowered on the road.

'03 Trailblazer
By dapper24 on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

So far an excellent SUV choice. Plenty of power and responsiveness with a very good ride. Gas mileage could be better, then again it's an SUV. No problems other than cheap radio preset dials, the black peels off over time, but is covered under warranty. We ordered our loaded (leather, 6 CD, sunroof, etc.) and it certainly feels like a luxury SUV, but without the debt.

Blazin new trails in my Trailblazer
By Meurk on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a bigger vehicle to use for hauling all my stuff and people. The third row seat can actually handle two full size adults, unlike my uncles lame Durango. The in-line six engine is smooth and powerful. I successfully pulled a car trailer with a Camaro on it from Kentucky with no problems. It was like the trailer wasn't even behind my truck. You will soon find my uncle's Durango on a Chevy dealers used car lot!