Used 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Think Twice!
By WWooten

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Everything has went wrong with this car. It has been a huge money pit. Make sure to have an inspection done prior to purchasing. I have had problems with everything from the transmission to the fuse box.

The looks. Don't judge a book from its cover.

Remove exterior and place over foreign vehicle.

Trailblazer Happiness
By snap shot

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My trailblazer has been an excellent vehicle. Great comfort and ride. Gas mileage could definitely use improvement. Had initial trouble with a faulty fuel injector but once the dealer bit the bullet and repaired on warranty I have had no other performance or reliability problems.

Great for towing.

Flat deck when rear seats are folded down. Hump causes less ability to haul larger items in rear.

Loved My TrailBlazer
By James

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my TrailBlazer new in Feb 2003. Overall, I have been very pleased with it. I looked at the Explorer, the Durango and Gr Cheerokee as well, but the TB's HP and styling won me over. Great for long trips, tons of storage, great in the snow (I have the locking rear). I too had problems with a leaking taillight and the trim around the license plate, but they were covered under warranty. Also had a rear window motor go last summer, but my dealer got GM to cover the part even thought the car was out of warranty. Wind noise was louder than I was used to. Mileage 15 city/22 highway. Just traded it on a new '07 Suburban - I was very sorry to get rid of it, but we simply outgrew it.

I6 270 HP engine, exterior styling, esp the rounded, stacked taillamps, locking rear diff (got me through some snow banks off road that stranded far larger trucks)

Wind noise. Interior fit and finish. Put shifter on steering column.

Best Vehicle I Ever Had!
By Trailblazer

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been used by my family for so many, many things from transporting kids around and loading all their sports equipment in the back to being able to put an entire shed building kit in the back. There is so much room in this SUV and it is super comfortable. We have taken it on trips and never one complaint. It is so versitile for so many different things. The rear air is really nice in the summer. The back opens up big so two of us can load groceries together or just sit in the back at the drive-in. I highly recommend this SUV whether you have a family or not. Endless uses and just so practical.

My very favorite is the steering wheel controls for the radio and air/heat. I also love the convenience of the DVD system for the kids on those long trips! You can even play games on it. The shelf for the back is nice for hiding items under it or hanging bags.

Gas mileage.

Excellent around town car.
By thewren2

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable around town car in all weather situations. Very good small family car.

Very good performance