2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews 7

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Sad but true
By Stacey on 08/05/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer lives up to all the issues and recalls stated. I still have a tempermental AC, the driver door hinges have broken their weld (in shop for 5 days now) Has anyone heard of this? (Chevy not concerned about this at all); the motor has a "click" sound, and I will never own another domestic car again. I have always been loyal to Chevy, but it's time to part ways. I'd sell, but gas prices are preventing that now!

Nothing But Trouble
By Julie on 08/04/05 11:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car for 2 1/2 years now and it has been in the shop 12 times. The last visit was for a chirping noise when accelerating and the dealership said they called the GM headquarters and talked to the engineers and that the problem was "normal" and couldn't be fixed. Have also had electrical problems, preset radio stations disappearing, brake pads needing to be replaced, rotors fixed, and many other recalls. I think 12 times in for problems in only 2 1/2 years is excessive.

Great Value
By James O'Sullivan on 08/03/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Our TrailBlazer is two years old and has not required anything other than routine maintenance. The TrailBlazer has great pick-up, and is a very comfortable vehicle to transport the family around town. The stereo is the only thing that needs improvement.

Love My T-Dog!
By Clen on 07/31/05 12:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Trailblazer! We had some inconviences in the beginning because of recalls, but it was worth it. Besides, you have to accept that when a new model has just started production.

Still Buying Another
By grandpx96 on 07/27/05 19:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The TrailBlazer is an all-around fun truck. They need to add more leg support. The drive seat, to me, is more like a bench seat from the 70's. On the long haul, they are very uncomfortable. Styling is great. The 2003 features are great (they cut back on the 2005 I found out). But I am trading it in for a LT EXT next week.

Great SUV
By mike lynch on 07/24/05 19:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 71,000 miles on my 2003 Trailblazer and it has performed extremely well. It is still all original, including brakes. Tires were replaced at 60,000 miles. Performance is excellent and mileage of ~17.5mpg is acceptable. I will buy another one when I get about 120,000 miles on this one

So many problems
By Red on 07/22/05 17:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Trailblazer is probably the best driving car/truck I ever owned, but what a lemon. It has been back to the dealer six times. A/C went bad. Anti Lock braking went bad, Has a new gas tank because they couldn't get the check engine light. Recall on the rear lamps. Returned again for check engine light, this time they replaced a "computer chip". Just had the fan clutch replaced at a price of $590. It currently has 46,000 miles on it.

Can't wait to get rid of it!
By Martin on 07/19/05 10:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Everyone I know that owns one of these hates them. Mine is constantly in the shop being repaired for one thing or another. The very first time I brought it in for service I had a two page typed list of problems. The most annoying problem is the rear doors. They do not open from the outside (not the child locks). The Chevy dealer keeps "adjusting" them and they work for a few weeks, then back to not working. The performance is awful. Mileage is horrible. The list goes on and on. Maybe I just got a bad one???

Comfort is value
By Jackie Trautwein on 06/18/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Trailblazer is probably the most comfortable truck I have owned. Others who have driven in it with me have also remarked how comfortable it is. I would like to see a more chic, sporty stereo system panel in it. It has the basic panel which all the Chevy trucks have. It runs fantastic. Gas mileage is better than other SUV's but could be better. Quiet engine and rides like a car, not like a truck.

Really nice car
By Desiree on 05/27/05 18:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car the moment I saw it. It has all the room our family needs, and plenty of safety features (such as front and side impact air bags and OnStar) to help us out if we need them. It has the DVD for the kids, and that could be considered to be a safety feature in itself! It has plenty of power for passing and getting on the highway, way more than you even need. The steering controls are also very nice. The standard stereo is enough for me, but it needs rear speakers for the kids. Love can sometimes be blind though. Fuel efficiency is not one of its best features, which is a growing concern.