2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Love Mine!
By K Lawson on 01/14/06 09:45 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love mine. If I plan to trade for a new model in a year or two. There have been a few recalls though for minor stuff like the bumper and the molding around the door jams. Other than that it hasn't given me any problems or complaints. It drives excellent in the snow with AWD or 4WD (with the appropriate tires). My children have plenty of room in the back and we use it often to travel. Unlike the car I owned prior to the Trailblazer, there are no complaints from them either.

Awesome
By Joe on 12/17/05 22:28 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had the Trailblazer for about a month, but it's great compared to what we've had in the past. The only complaint is the fuel economy on this SUV. Excellent vehicle for the family all in all though.

Not bad, just not worth the money
By Max on 12/09/05 11:01 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The SUV is not bad. The paint finish is not good. Too much orange peel. I have had a few minor problems. I am starting to feel and hear a slight clunk sound when I start out only after I apply the brakes to stop. I don't think it is the transmission, just sort of like something sliding back in to place. The gas mileage is very poor. I get around 15 in town and 18 to 20 on the open road. 90% of my driving is on the interstate, thank goodness. I am not sure that I will rush out and get another GM SUV.

Still Blazin'
By Mister on 11/26/05 23:05 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Trailblazer LT for over two years now, and absolutely love it! Since I wanted to keep this one for a while, I got it with just about every option available, and have appreciated them all...especially the steering wheel controls. I did lose the driver's window motor and A/C circulating valve early on, but both were fixed with no problems. The ride is smooth, acceleration nice...all around fun to drive. I have OnStar, but would have liked to have XM as the newer models do. City mileage is a little shocking at 14-15 mpg, but highway gets up to 21. As others have stated, the gas tank should be bigger. Thanks GM for an excellent SUV!

My Trailblazer
By jayr1 on 09/25/05 23:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving my father's TB for almost a year I new I needed to buy one of my own. It runs great, looks great, it's not too bad with fuel. I love it. Have not had any problems with it at all!

Good SUV, Good for towing, Ext LS
By Relentless TBExt on 09/16/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 1st truck, 1st 4WD, 1st tow veh. I6 does well w/ family of 5, 2 kayaks atop, and 27' x 4,300# UVW Wilderness trailer behind. 3rd seat a must. Don't like the front seat belts. 9- 11 MPG towing, as high as 21 highway w/ just passengers. 17.7 OA MPG. With high priced gas, I'm very happy with the choice. Durango wheel base too short! Saw some w/ flipped trailers (beware!). TB Ext SUV pulls safe! With the load I'm pulling, I'll stick to flatland. High gas prices make that easier to take. Wish they had higher standards on the body sheet metal, you double take to make sure there's no body work on this. Toyota would not attempt sell this quality!

What happened General?
By bob larson on 09/01/05 15:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

In a little over 2 years, I have had all 4 window motors fail, the power driver's seat motor fail (glad I bought an extended warranty) and both tail light lenses replaced , which were on a recall. The ride is very comfortable, and the transmission is smooth. I would recommend the V-8. The inline 6 loses too much speed going uphill, as well as any incline. Overall, I have always owned General Motors products, but the experience I've had since owning this vehicle have made me realize why the American manufacturers continue to lose market share.

Trailblazer Problems
By Big B on 08/14/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Trailblazer new, after hearing great things about it, and how it did not have the problems the Blazer was known for (electrical problems,etc.). We are pleased with the handling, performance and comfort, but very dissapointed with the electrical problems we are already having. The wire harness running under the rear seats has worn through. The airconditioner works erratically. Anyone that owns one can tell you of the multilple recall notices regarding brake problems as well as a permanent recall on the rear taillights (burn out continuosly). Our Trailblazer is up for sale... I think I am going back to Nissan or Toyota.

Sad but true
By Stacey on 08/05/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer lives up to all the issues and recalls stated. I still have a tempermental AC, the driver door hinges have broken their weld (in shop for 5 days now) Has anyone heard of this? (Chevy not concerned about this at all); the motor has a "click" sound, and I will never own another domestic car again. I have always been loyal to Chevy, but it's time to part ways. I'd sell, but gas prices are preventing that now!

Nothing But Trouble
By Julie on 08/04/05 11:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car for 2 1/2 years now and it has been in the shop 12 times. The last visit was for a chirping noise when accelerating and the dealership said they called the GM headquarters and talked to the engineers and that the problem was "normal" and couldn't be fixed. Have also had electrical problems, preset radio stations disappearing, brake pads needing to be replaced, rotors fixed, and many other recalls. I think 12 times in for problems in only 2 1/2 years is excessive.