Used 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 347 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Best car ever!
By mikeyy

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best. i can pass anyone out in it. lots of power. very comfy seats, feels like my couch at home. radio is awesome really loud and lots of bass. ac works great. engine noise is really quite around 1,000-2,000 rpm but once you get past 3,500 rpm the beast comes out. Just a great car

0-60 time, power, brakes, stereo, steering/turing, tire screeching fun

The plastics used inside to be better quality, not to wear out so fast. 6 speed transmission, dual tailpipes.

Mileage stinks
By Jo

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I only have 17,500 miles on this vehicle. I get 11 mph in town and 16 mph highway. I have the v6 engine. Thought about trading it even though it is in mint condition and very well maintained. Decided that the difference in cost for a new vehicle would buy a lot of gas.

Getting in and out of my 1000 ft driveway and down my dirt country road in the winter.

Not making it much longer so no matter.

I would buy another one carefully
By D & P Myers

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the SUV used with only 20k, but like it only had 2 miles on it!! Have been very happy with the power and comfort, the look is strong, masculine, but don't rub against anything or you will get bupper damage and maybe even more. The exterior look is great but lends to road scrathes on doors and poor bupper strength. The rear lience plate seal leaks and rear lights are not protected enough so they get chips and leak mosture into them. The interior after only 5 years has started to fall apart, and dash board buttons have scrathed off the name of the item. Fuel mileage could be better only 13-15 mpg.

Never had a problem with power train or engine, not even minor work other normal maintenance. Extremely comfortable on long trips, even the towing is great.

Interior strength, and duribillity. Bupper strength, and rear tailgate design. More durable dash buttons. Storage compartment needs to lay flat when rear seats are folded down. Mileage most improve!

Mixed Feelings
By Chicubs

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my TrailBlazer since I bought it new in Aug of 2003. I love the styling and the huge cargo space (EXT version). It's been great for moving my daughters back and forth from college. Rides nice for a truck. The good news ends there. Too many things have gone wrong with it that shouldn't have gone wrong. I'm now on my 3rd instrument panel cluster assembly and now need a 4th one. These things cost over $500 to replace. Poor quality! I've had a few other things go wrong including my radio - I'm on my 3rd unit. As much as love the styling and cargo room, I'd never purchase another one especially considering the resale value is very poor. The money I saved up front is costing me now.

Cargo room. Driver's power seat. Exterior styling.

Overall better quality and engineering. This would make the ownership experience better and improve resale value.

'03 Trailblazer EXT LT 4WD
By becky

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this SUV thinking it would get decent gas mileage and be great for the family. Space is nice and it is very comfortable but the gas mileage is horrible! We get about 11mpg in town and 12-13 on the highway! I haven't even had it for 1 year and am looking to sell. If you are looking for something that even gets remotely good gas mileage don't by this car! We had everything looked at to see if there was some sort of problem that caused the bad mpg and everthing was good to go, just bad mileage!

Space and looks of the interior

Much better gas mileage!