2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Very good suv when working
By jun0719 on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this suv 10/2001 and while it's fun to drive, powerful, very smooth, comfortable, and the look of the car is great, but unfortunately this is not a reliable vehicle. This car has been in the shop for a number of problems. I've had problems with the air condition, radio, dash, power windows, fuel filter, fuel gauge, gas tank, and starting problems. I took a chance on purchasing an American car, and I would be reluctant to do so in the future.

Trailblazer
By Craig Pennsylvania on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent overall. Very smooth ride, LTZ is super high luxury with nice features only available on lux SUVs with prestige name plates costing $20K more. After I set aside the snob factor (not easy coming from BMW/Volvo background) found this an excellent value. Extremely powerful engine that beats most competitors including the minivan-like (and looking) Mercedes SUV and overpriced and compromised interior size BMW. Even the headlights are good, which was surprising given that I always drove European cars before with excellent lighting.

Flawless design
By Erick Alexander on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's a flawless desing, very powerful yet smooth engine, reasonable fuel consumption, smooth suspension (too smooth sometimes) and excellent build quality... I reccomend it over any other MID size SUV.

Trailblazer
By Mike Findeiss on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best handling and riding SUV that I have owned or driven. This past May, my wife and I drove from Denver to Seattle, then down the west coast to Los Angeles and back to Denver. There was not a day that either of us were stiff or uncomfortable from the ride.

GREAT SUV
By DTL on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I DID NOT THINK I WOULD LIKE A SUV, I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A CAR. THIS DRIVES LIKE A CAR BUT I CAN SEE NOW ABOVE THE CARS. THE POWER IS GREAT AND THE SHORT TURNING IS BETTER THEN I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED. IT ACTURALLY TURNS BETTER THEN THE SMALL CAR I HAD. NO COMPLAINTS IN 12000 MILES. LOVE THIS THING!!

Lots of miles in the first month
By canoe on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just returned to Chicago from a road trip to Texas. I bought my Trailblazer a month ago and have almost 5000 miles on it. It has been a comfortable, fun and reliable ride. After test driving virtually every mid sized SUV available, I selected the Trailblazer. Its comfort (great drivers seat leg room) and interior layout and space sold me. I'm not disappointed. I'm also pleased with the engine's performance. The gas mileage matched the window sticker and it ran smmothly. Great car so far.

New 2002 TrailBlazer
By Pete2002 on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Has a lot of power but lousy MPG. The sticker MPG rating is over-rated. Most consumers are getting around 13MPG in City driving with stop and go traffic. One thing I am very upset about is an annoying valve train tapping noise that appeared within the first 500 miles after it reaches operating temp. It sounds like a vehicle with high mileage. Dealer and GM do not want to attempt to correct until after 4-5K miles of break in.

Very nice vehicle
By dadzilla on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Our TrailBlazer is great to drive, and has plenty of power. The ride is better than any other SUV we test drove. It is very comfortable, and has lots of room inside for my family and anything else we have put in the back besides. If I were to have one complaint about the vehicle, it would be the poor design of the weather seals around the doors. The seals are to easy to catch yourself or something you are hold on, subsequently pulling them loose. Overall, it is a great vehicle. I would buy another one in a heartbeat (no pun intended).

Nice...
By baybj on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I chose this SUV from others because of its exterior and great features. I personally am not a Chevy fan, but this vehicle has its difference from other SUVs. I love the roomy space inside, especially the extra 2 seats in the back. It is very smooth on the road, no matter how rough the road can be. Sounds and everything is good. It feels like a second home haha. At first I thought it would be too big for me to drive. It really does look big, but once I was on the road with it, there weren't any problems. And hey! It's SUV of the year! (=

Finally an Explorer Buster
By cjloeffl97 on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Trailbazer since January and have put almost 12,000 miles on it since I purchased it. The engine is great, the transmission is responsive, and the ride is conmfortable both on and off road. I owned a 1999 Ford Explorer before this vehicle and Chevy has finally made a vehicle that runs over the Explorer in terms of peformance and quality.