Used 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

My Review
By Chevy Guy 2

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Trailblazer for about (3) months now and have had only one problem. The weather stripping on the front edge of rear doors keeps falling off. It is an obvious design flaw as they rely on a small tab at top to hold in place and when door is opened the weather strip is pinched and pops off. The dealer finally glued them in place. The stereo system is so-so, power mirror controls are chintzy, wind noise a bit loud, front seats not very comfortable,and power steering is too over assisted.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, powerful engine, easy to park

Suggested Improvements

Redesign rear door weather stripping, in the mean time Chevy should send out service notice to dealers to glue these in before delivery to customer. Design new mirror controls and reduce the power steering assist level.

Ex-EXPLORER owner now has Trail Blazer
By Ro

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle drives very smoothly. There definitely is a blind spot when backing up and looking back to your left...very difficult to see out...must use mirrors for backing. Back seating is comfortable.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel handles nicely and can be moved easily up and down for comfort. Manual seat movement is smooth and efficient. Paying extra for running board made it so much easier to enter and exit the car. Sound system is adequate!

Suggested Improvements

Fog lamps.. std. equip. also running boards. Installing lamps after purchase requires new bumper package. Roomier glove box! Indicator lights on side mirrors.. std. equip. Keyless entry like FORD'S! Displaying amount of fuel as well as mileage with fuel in car.

Love my Trail Blazer
By Kiliwehi

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely Love my Trail Blazer, the styling is really awesome and the performance is great! Lots of power!

Favorite Features

Bose Stereo System and Onstar!

Great
By Kenneth Maddox

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The trailblazer to me is the best suv out there,Hands down.

Favorite Features

The ride is the best

Suggested Improvements

Lower the back in down some

I enjoy this car better than my Tahoe
By pointerlover

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my trailblazer. It's fun to drive, peppy and pretty comfortable. I do think the styling could be better and the instument panel is hard to read. Kind of reminds me of a Camry my sister has.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling, the color, a metallic cherry red; been told it was the prettiest color they've ever seen by several people. It's fun to drive and peppy. seems to have more get and go than my heavy Tahoe, also easier to park.

Suggested Improvements

Easier to read and see the instument panel. Too dark to see easily while you're driving. Styling could be nicer inside also it's hard to tell if my foot is on the gas pedal or side of raised floor. Keys hit plastic dash if they hang down and swing back and forth.