Used 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

excellent truck
By intmdtrdal

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

awsome truck when you do performance upgrades. installed k@n filter high flow exhaust, a jet performance chip and a transmission shift kit to fix the wimpy automatic. love the 4.2 six

Favorite Features

4.2 six, great stereo, very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

should have put the 22gal fuel tank in the 2002 and offered xm sattelite radio in the 02.

My Grandmother Car
By Vidiot

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, looking forward to trying it this winter in New England. Suits my needs as a grandmother of 2 and 2 more coming. I get many compliments at my place of business.

Favorite Features

Height of backseat loading a almost 2 year old into a car set.

Suggested Improvements

At little more luxury and tightness in the steering. I went from a low riding Pontiac Grand Prix to this Chevy. Yes, I know it is a truck, but not so loose in the steering would be a major improvement.

My Trailblazer
By E K

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. No problems whatsoever in the 25000 miles I have put on it. More than ample room for my family on long trips. Smooth and very quiet drive. I definately recomend people to test drive one if they are in the market for a midsize SUV.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system 270 HP engine all stereo, AC controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

None

Only beat by the Chevy Tahoe
By lovemyCTB

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best SUVs I have owned. I have had 1999 Ford Explorer which I hated and 1997 Ford Expedition, wich other than the cheap seating and terrible gas mileage was a nice vehicle. I had a 96, 97, 99, and 2000 Chevey Tahoe. They were all great vehicles except for the 2000 with the full time 4 wheel drive that sucked gas like a pig. They were the most comfortable vehicles I have owned, but this new 2003 Chevy Trail Blazer is right up there with comfort and it is great to drive. I have the 3:42 differentials and get 23MPG or better on the highway at about 69MPH with 87 octane gas. I get a bit less mileage when I use the 89 octane ethanol gas.

Favorite Features

I love the tough beefy look of the front end of this vehicle. Also it handles great.

Suggested Improvements

Tune the transmission to shift in a fashion that would give the most that 275HP motor has from the start to top end.

A HAPPY FAMILY!
By hughes

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS VEHICLE! WE NEEDED LOTS OF ROOM FOR OUR FAMILY OF FIVE AND THIS HAS IT! WE CAN SEE OURSELVES BEING REPEAT TRAILBLAZER OWNERS. LOTS OF COMFORT AND FUN TO DRIVE!

Favorite Features

I LOVE THAT EVERYTHING IS SO ACCESSIBLE FOR THE DRIVER. LOVE THE CUP HOLDERS THROUGHOUT THE VEHICLE FOR THE KID'S DRINKS TOO!

Suggested Improvements

LUMBAR SEAT CONTROLS FOR FRONT SEAT PASSENGER.