2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Superior to Ford Explorer and Jeep Grand
By Joe Torres on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with my trail has been great! Its fun to drive. Has a very smooth drive! Definitely Ford Explorer Sucks! TrailBlazer is the best!

Overrated Mileage!!!!
By mileagesux on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Sticker posts 15/21 MPG, I have never hit anything higher than 17 on the interstate, 13 in the city. Dealer and GM cust service claims it's "normal" and may improve "once broken in" (i.e. once it's too late to return.) Asked about the extreme difference between sticker mileage and actual, I was told "I don't know, I don't write the stickers". Interior cheap looking with roughly moulded plastic. Seat doesn't go back far enough. Uncomfortable for a 6 ft man. Nice ride, lots of space and power. if you buy, expect no more than 13-15 MPG!!

Trailblazer
By Gnarley on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No extensions on sun visor nor adjustment to second row seats!! it stands straight up!!

So far so good
By condoriole on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased our EXT LT V8 about two months ago. The wife wasn't crazy about us buying an American made vehicle but since the purchase she drives the truck more than our 2001 fully loaded V6 Accord. Hhmmmmmm. We have over 2000 miles on it and it's been flawless (knock on wood!)

good vehicle requiring a few improvement
By Manuel Florescu on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am pretty satisfied with the vehicle. It eats gasoline like crazy though. The engine runs smooth most of the times. There were a few times it made a weird noise but generally is ok. Handles snow and ice great. Has a pretty smooth ride although is kind of noisy inside, especially on the highway with all the wind and the engine runnig high. Mirrors are the biggest pain in the butt as I took the car several times into the dealership but they still can't figure out why my car's mirror don't adjust to the exact position as before.

bad to the bone
By formervandriver on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Held off for a long time on buying the "mainstream vehicle", but this one converted me. It really stands out from other styles of SUV's. It is black and has running boards, fog lights, a lot of standard features also. The BOSE speakers were worth the extra $. It handles great, has a solid feel and definitely don't miss the 4X4. Traction assist is more than I need. Love the 7 passenger seating. The extra length gives the vehicle a nice stance, especially with the 17" wheels and rugged but not ridiculous tires. Oh yeah, the power rear vents, the Homelink, and the recorder over the console are fun gadgets.

A few flaws, but great overall
By Slowpoke on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer has plenty of power on hand, a surprisingly small turning radius, and great gas mileage for a vehicle as heavy as this and with this much horsepower (average 16 city, 21 hwy). I've had two problems with it though: 1) the gauges have quit working twice (after the vehicle rests for about an hour, the gauges will begin to work again), 2) the air conditioning quit working once (again, after the vehicle rested for about an hour, the AC started to work again). Also, I've noticed some vibration-noises in the rear suspension. Besides those issues, I've thoroughly enjoyed this vehicle, especially on long road trips.

Great SUV
By albertls on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good. Great performer, good looking style. Has performed everywhere as expected

Fun to drive!!
By gmforever on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Trailblazer to replace two vehicles, an exteded cab pickup & my wifes work car. We are very happy with the ride and performence of this trailblazer. Very quiet for a suv and the handling is also great! Very good dealer experience,probably the best we have ever had.

2003 TB LTZ
By RED-VETTE on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

So far - seems to be a nice ride. I had problems with getting the drivers seat right as it was causing discomfort with my driving foot. I think I have found the right combination now. Nice smooth ride with no rattles. Build quality seems to be good...