2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Nice
By tz6qhl on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Although I have just purchased this SUV, I am very happy with everything it has to offer. Went from a 00' Impala to this, and have no regrets. It rides just as smooth, and turns on a dime. Nice Chevy look, and great American style.

Buyer beware
By wheelerspm on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This truck died with 800 miles on the odometer in the middle of my vacation. GM support and road service was pathetic and insulting. took them 4 days to fix the blown engine coil. On the drive home,the power seat switch stuck and forced my body into the steering wheel at 70mph. Last week during a trip to northern New York in a snow storm the 4wd switching system developed a mind of it's own switching in and out of AWD,2WD,and 4WD, 3 times my rear end kicked out and almost put me in the ditch. There also was a burning wire smell filling the truck.( I AM GETTING 12 MPG IN MIXED CITY/COUNTRY DRIVING IN 2WD AND 16 MPG AT A STEADY STATE 65MPH (EPA IS 15/20)

cool looks and gr8 performance
By skx on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

this car is gr8 the best suv of tis size performance wise it s comfy and just fun 2 drive by the way gr8 acceleration and kick down

Trailblazer LT EXT
By subnavychief on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful SUV, Got it for $100 over invoice. Rough Buying experiance, dealing with the dealer. Drives great! A lot more standard than Ford SUV's

Traiblazer EXt review
By burakceylan on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The EXT is amazing, way more space than the Explorer or Durango, better fuel economy than both, with more torque and horsepower. The third row of seats have alot of leg room, and are elevated a little higher than the other seats. Nice quiet ride, smmoth; get the BOSE sound system (optional) This vehicle rides so well you get addicted. It also feels so comfy. Looks slicker and classier than the other SUV's in this class. Lovin' it! the 4.2 V-6? Much quieter than GM's other 4.3 V-6. LOT's of power...275 horse, 275 torque!

Good so Far
By Crookie on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Taking a gamble with an American made SUV following 3 year stints with Pathfinder and Lexus LX450. Needed the 3rd seat (3 kids), and the Trailblazer/Envoy had the best (by far) 3rd seat with room behind it for storage. Love the ride - much less "trucky" than the Lexus. Bose system is fantastic. Lateral seat support could be improved. Separate 2nd seat tuner is favorite of oldest child. With 2 child seats in second row - not much extra room for third person. A little too much plastic on dashboard.

2003 Trailblazer
By king of detroit on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Living in Michigan needed a competent 4x4 for heavy snow, with enough room for a family of 5. Great engine and 4x4 setup. Especially the 4x4 auto mode. Great for patchy ice and snow. Biggest complaint: Purchased leather power seat package, no matter how I adjust them I cannot get comforable seating position. My wife provided the same feedback (unsolicated). Also, dash and door skins are less than impressive (for a $30,000+ truck)

Blazing a trail with the Trailblazer
By Bob Wadsworth on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased a 2003 Trailblazer Ext over the Ford Explorer, Dodge Durango and their respective bigger siblings. We needed a vehicle that would comfortably pull a trailer and have 3 rows of usable seats that that would fit easily into our garage. The Trailblazer felt better, seemed more solid and we like the looks better than the others. It has a 3rd seat that we can and do use for our two older daughters. We are impressed with the smooth in-line 6 and know that when we go pull a trailer, we will have more than enough power and torque. The ride is smooth and comfortable.

My Horse Excalibur
By Kathleen August on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a Chevrolet SUV and found that I LOVE to drive it! I drive highways and byways and the car takes to the road like a duck to water. It's beautiful to look at too. The gas mileage is great, $125 bought me a thousand miles of driving, mostly highways and I think that's pretty good for gas prices, despite what the anti- SUV people are saying. I definitely would tell my friends to buy a Chevie SUV if they asked. I'd go with them and have a blast helping them to pick out the right size and color for their needs. PLUS, the Dealership helped me with figuring the financing and treated me very well. Good People. Yea Chevrolet! Kathleen

Superior to Ford Explorer and Jeep Grand
By Joe Torres on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with my trail has been great! Its fun to drive. Has a very smooth drive! Definitely Ford Explorer Sucks! TrailBlazer is the best!