Used 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Amazing
By Bolt

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just Wow Greatest car I ever have I bought it used at miles 69,842 in aug 12,2006 now I drove alots at times now the mileage is 130,000 it never breaks yet ya'all hear me? nothing breaks I will always keep it forever I drive 600,000+forever I love this trailblazer I name it (Little Buddy)

Everything

What more you do you want? It is Extreme Great There is no need for improve! I love it just the way it is

No wonder GM is losing ground
By UNHAPPY

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2003 Trailblazer. Started out great, until about a year ago when the ring and pinion gears went out. Had that replaced and now its in the shop and won't start. Thinking it has something to do with the theft deterrent system, even though I'm no thief, I'm the owner. I have put more money in this vehicle in a weeks time than what one months payment amounted up to. No wonder chevy claims to be like a rock, if you don't have them towed they seem to sit in the same spot like a rock. Will be the last I ever buy, if you don't believe me just google chevy trailblazer starting problems and see for yourself. Soon as it is up and running its getting traded for a Nissan/Toyota!

Body style

Do a recall on the starter problems or risk losing more business to the Japanese automakers, take better care of your customers, like Toyota is dealing with the gas pedal issue, at least they are attempting to fix their problem instead of acting like it don't exist.

used trailblazer
By d frey

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our 98 Jeep Cherokee on this as my wife's daily driver. It's a step up from the Jeep, bigger, nicer, more power. My only complaint is the gas mileage. We are getting about 11-12 in town and only about 14-15 on the highway. Luckily she only has a 1 mile commute. I may try a tune up, but it shouldn't really need one with only 60k miles.

lots of room, lots of power

bad mileage.

Worth the money
By Pat

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have an '03 ext LT with 4.2L. This has been a great Suv for me and my family. I agree the fuel economy could be better but for a '03 mid size Suv it's pretty good. Interior is excellent but I agree that the radio buttons do wear off. I love the 3rd row/cargo space. I've compared this to an explorer with the 3rd row and it can actually fit an adult unlike the explorer. I'm 6'1" and can sit back there (although I wouldn't do it for a LONG road trip). It's a comfortable and quiet ride. I would recommend it to anyone.

Interior comfort in all 3 rows. Bose sound system. smooth running engine and transmission. Quality of parts. I have only done maintenance on it and have 75k on it.

3rd row to lay flat not at an angle. Better radio button quality. Cup holders away from shifter. Cup holders for 2nd row. Better gas mileage

Price Repairs, But Fun To Drive
By Daniel

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

5.3 V8 has much power and can haul and tow most anything. The whole family fits comfortably. Fits all my work tools and ladders well. Att 88000 miles I just spent $2600 to have my transmission rebuilt though. Found out they use the 460LE trnas in their other cars and unless you upgrade some internal components it will burn out from light towing or heavily loaded. This year I have replaced a battery (again), new alternator, new water pump, brakes, tires (again), rebuilt trans. I am in it for about $4000 in repairs and it is not that old. Can't afford to replace it as I need a truck for my job. Engine is still stong and hopefully all problems worked out. Did but it used w/44,000 miles tho.

Very comfortable to drive, roomy for all seven people (including adults). better than a minivan. After all the repairs still not willing to get rid of. It is not to big and not to small.

Better Transmission and Parts. Upgrades to transmission should be standard not after it blows out on you. 460LE Transmission. Get trans servos upgraded to at least the Corvettes on gears 1,2, & 4. Makes 3rd become an accumulator gear. better ofr towing and heavy loads.