2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
I would buy another one carefully
By D & P Myers on 08/08/08 15:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the SUV used with only 20k, but like it only had 2 miles on it!! Have been very happy with the power and comfort, the look is strong, masculine, but don't rub against anything or you will get bupper damage and maybe even more. The exterior look is great but lends to road scrathes on doors and poor bupper strength. The rear lience plate seal leaks and rear lights are not protected enough so they get chips and leak mosture into them. The interior after only 5 years has started to fall apart, and dash board buttons have scrathed off the name of the item. Fuel mileage could be better only 13-15 mpg.

Mixed Feelings
By Chicubs on 07/19/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my TrailBlazer since I bought it new in Aug of 2003. I love the styling and the huge cargo space (EXT version). It's been great for moving my daughters back and forth from college. Rides nice for a truck. The good news ends there. Too many things have gone wrong with it that shouldn't have gone wrong. I'm now on my 3rd instrument panel cluster assembly and now need a 4th one. These things cost over $500 to replace. Poor quality! I've had a few other things go wrong including my radio - I'm on my 3rd unit. As much as love the styling and cargo room, I'd never purchase another one especially considering the resale value is very poor. The money I saved up front is costing me now.

'03 Trailblazer EXT LT 4WD
By becky on 06/10/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this SUV thinking it would get decent gas mileage and be great for the family. Space is nice and it is very comfortable but the gas mileage is horrible! We get about 11mpg in town and 12-13 on the highway! I haven't even had it for 1 year and am looking to sell. If you are looking for something that even gets remotely good gas mileage don't by this car! We had everything looked at to see if there was some sort of problem that caused the bad mpg and everthing was good to go, just bad mileage!

Still Going at 180k
By Lark on 05/22/08 08:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am a happy owner. We bought it new in late 02 and have driven 180k miles. Engine is still running strong. We have had a tranny rebuild at about 160k due to a stripped sunshell. We also had to replace the alternator at 130k and occasionally the left brakelight burns out (easy to replace and I have replaced about 8 times in life of the vehicle), all else has been regular maintenance. As long as it keeps running stong, I plan to keep it until 250k.

Great all-around vehicle
By jc on 05/06/08 14:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's been a great car for towing utility trailer, but just ok for 4000 lb boat. Had a great time on 4wd trails in co. Great family vacation mobile too!

Good Truck
By good truck on 05/01/08 04:46 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good SUV. Not too big, not too small. The EXT has room for my family of 5 and our stuff. Fold down seats leave plenty of space to haul things. The 4.2L engine is great. Lots of power. Have had lots of brake problems, and what I suspect may be a transmission problem at around 60,000. The LT package is great.

Our Trailblazer
By Jim on 03/09/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchaced for my wife. Gas mileage for this type of vehicle is not bad, she gets about 18.5 average, high 20.5 low 16.9. The ride and power for this SUV is great. We would recommend this to others comfortable, easy to see out of. Gives one a secure feeling. We tried out many different vehicles in this class and this was best in our opinion.

Trailblazer Unreliable
By Jon Illinois on 01/02/08 12:05 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Battery failed in 1st year. Buttons peeling on Premium Bose Stereo. Wind Noise is very bad. Had to install custom deflectors but still have noise. STARTING PROBLEMS**** - Multiple occurrences. Late 2005 and late 2007 - still continuing. Dealer replaced a bunch of stuff in 2005 which did not solve the problem. Finally replaced ignition switch which solved the problem. New ignition problem - not starting in late 2007. Replaced ignition switch but the problem is still occurring. VERY UNRELIABLE. Transmission shifts hard but has not failed yet.

By lorenzo menendez on 12/26/07 12:13 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No problems with the motor, was made by Izusu for Chevrolet, towed boats and trailers without any problems. However have experienced numerous mechanical, structural and rear lights problems, all cover by warranty (bought extended to 6 years or 60,000 miles), the dealer had to supply rental cars while it was in repairs.

Think Twice!
By WWooten on 10/27/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Everything has went wrong with this car. It has been a huge money pit. Make sure to have an inspection done prior to purchasing. I have had problems with everything from the transmission to the fuse box.