2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Price Repairs, But Fun To Drive
By Daniel on 09/28/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

5.3 V8 has much power and can haul and tow most anything. The whole family fits comfortably. Fits all my work tools and ladders well. Att 88000 miles I just spent $2600 to have my transmission rebuilt though. Found out they use the 460LE trnas in their other cars and unless you upgrade some internal components it will burn out from light towing or heavily loaded. This year I have replaced a battery (again), new alternator, new water pump, brakes, tires (again), rebuilt trans. I am in it for about $4000 in repairs and it is not that old. Can't afford to replace it as I need a truck for my job. Engine is still stong and hopefully all problems worked out. Did but it used w/44,000 miles tho.

Mixed Feelings
By Chicubs on 07/19/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my TrailBlazer since I bought it new in Aug of 2003. I love the styling and the huge cargo space (EXT version). It's been great for moving my daughters back and forth from college. Rides nice for a truck. The good news ends there. Too many things have gone wrong with it that shouldn't have gone wrong. I'm now on my 3rd instrument panel cluster assembly and now need a 4th one. These things cost over $500 to replace. Poor quality! I've had a few other things go wrong including my radio - I'm on my 3rd unit. As much as love the styling and cargo room, I'd never purchase another one especially considering the resale value is very poor. The money I saved up front is costing me now.

Don't buy one
By Ruth on 07/29/06 08:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have own mind for three years. It has the V8, and it does get up and go. But it's been in the shop for things like two new transmisions, still giving me trouble as I write this. Several air conditioning problems since new, and finally last year it ate it self up and they had to replace the whole air conditioner, including all the belts. Right now I have a light on the dash telling me according to the dealer that I have to pay $350 for them to tell me why? I purchase the added protection just about everything they wanted me to purchase, now it's all ran out! Before the warranty ran out I was protected. What do I do now since the dealer told me that the air bags aren't working?

TrailBlazer
By SW Driver on 05/12/06 17:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been reliable and is extremely comfortable. I bought it used over a year ago and have not had one problem. I have been very pleased with the purchase. There is a little road noise and if I do not get the gas cao on tight enough, the Service Engine light comes on. Other than that, it is a great vehicle.

Nothing But Trouble
By Julie on 08/04/05 11:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car for 2 1/2 years now and it has been in the shop 12 times. The last visit was for a chirping noise when accelerating and the dealership said they called the GM headquarters and talked to the engineers and that the problem was "normal" and couldn't be fixed. Have also had electrical problems, preset radio stations disappearing, brake pads needing to be replaced, rotors fixed, and many other recalls. I think 12 times in for problems in only 2 1/2 years is excessive.

Love My T-Dog!
By Clen on 07/31/05 12:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Trailblazer! We had some inconviences in the beginning because of recalls, but it was worth it. Besides, you have to accept that when a new model has just started production.

Really nice car
By Desiree on 05/27/05 18:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car the moment I saw it. It has all the room our family needs, and plenty of safety features (such as front and side impact air bags and OnStar) to help us out if we need them. It has the DVD for the kids, and that could be considered to be a safety feature in itself! It has plenty of power for passing and getting on the highway, way more than you even need. The steering controls are also very nice. The standard stereo is enough for me, but it needs rear speakers for the kids. Love can sometimes be blind though. Fuel efficiency is not one of its best features, which is a growing concern.

2003 Trailblazer EXT LT Model
By Sydracer on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We just purchased this SUV. I drove this vehicle and never looked back. We love it! It's like sitting on the couch going down the road.The 5.3L engine has alot of power for the size of the vehicle. I like the monotone interior as opposed to the Envoy. With all the options it has, it was smart thinking to give it that look. We are die hard Chevrolet fans but even if we weren't I'd challenge anyone to find a Ford that handles this well with all these options in the same price range.

Like it more than I thought I would!
By rdg81 on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Trailblazer used in December 2003 with @16,500 miles on it. It's loaded with all the toys, leather, etc. So far I've enjoyed this car even more than I thought I would. Hard to beat on long trips with the kids. Plenty of room, smooth ride. Not great gas mileage around town, but can get @20 miles per gallon on highway.

I love my trailblazer
By wehey on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle!!! Comfortable, stable without having to climb up into it! Wife and Kids love it! Love to travel in it! Rides great! Purrs like a kitten! Better than all the other suv's I tried including the Tahoe, 4-runner, and explorer. Rides better than the Expedition without being so large!! A great vehicle for my family. Great for road trips and great inside the city!