2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Good value for the $$$
By Palmetto on 03/14/09 22:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

110 K mi. Absolutely no mech.issues to date. Good road ride, front seats are very comfortable , rear seats are not comfortable, tight entry/exit. Handles well on the highway, a little whale(ish) around town. The 4,2 L 275 hp engine is quiet and smooth with more than adequate power. Gas mileage is decent: 16-18 mpg city, 20-24 mpg hwy. With 55-60 mph cruise 25+ mpg. LTZ model but a basic Chevy w/bland, cheap plastic interior appointments. Excessive wind noise around windows. OA a decent American SUV for the money, not great, but a good value so far. I have not spent a penny beyond basic maintenance, which is a pleasant departure and surprise for a GM vehicle.

Transmission Blew out at 20K
By Kevin on 09/01/06 11:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is another typical poorly snapped together American tin can. My wife and I decided to be loyalto the US manufacturers, and I have not had a US made car since my Dodge Dart slant 6, which was ugly but reliable! This TrailBlazer was aptly named. Hit the trail and something under the hood will soon be ablaze, as I was told when I had an engine fire at 5,342 miles that was due to oil that spilled on the block. I disagree, since it looks like it originated from a cluster of wires that looks like a rats nest. Then my transmisssion completley failed at 19,456 miles and needed to be completley replaced. They blamed it on us saying we had driven the car hard. We use it to shop!

2003 Trailblazer LTZ
By chris on 07/30/06 04:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had dozens of vehicles in my life and my Trailblazer, knock on wood, has been the most reliable so far. The ride is fantastic and smoother than any other SUV out there (and trust me...I looked at everything out there prior to purchasing). I was all set to get a full size SUV like a Tahoe, but my wife really liked the Trailblazer's size, not too big and not too small. Not having a third seat (I opted not to go for the extended length version because I thought the looks were less appealing) will probably disuade some buyers but I really didn't have a need for it. My only complaint is that it doesn't get 30 mpg, but then no SUV does. Let's see if I am still happy 2-3 years from now.

Best I've Ever Had
By J.S. on 06/22/06 23:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a new one in 2001 (one of the first ones on the road). Traded it in and regretted it ever since. Finally got back into a Trailblazer. I've had them all - Durango, Passport, Grand Cherokee, Land Rover. I enjoy the Trailblazer far better than any of them! Gas mileage is fine. (18.9 avg.) What do you expect from an SUV? Much better than the Durango gas hog!

Not bad, just not worth the money
By Max on 12/09/05 11:01 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The SUV is not bad. The paint finish is not good. Too much orange peel. I have had a few minor problems. I am starting to feel and hear a slight clunk sound when I start out only after I apply the brakes to stop. I don't think it is the transmission, just sort of like something sliding back in to place. The gas mileage is very poor. I get around 15 in town and 18 to 20 on the open road. 90% of my driving is on the interstate, thank goodness. I am not sure that I will rush out and get another GM SUV.

Awesome!!
By GSmith6204 on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My first SUV....what can I say, I love it!!

'03 Trail Blazer, so good so far
By Paul McKee on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased '03 TrailBlazer from Chev. dealer with 5M miles on it. Engine is quiet, very smooth, gas mileage is OK at 22-23 Hwy, 14-16 in town. A little stiff ride around town, but what I would expect from a truck frame. Very smooth ride on the highway. Poor handling in curves. Interior is a could certainly be improved. Don't know why GM persists in cheap, hard plastic interiors. Some wind noise at highways speeds. I bought it because it was priced well and even with it's good/bad features, it represents a decent value in the field of SUV's.

Love it so far!
By Studakrn on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Trial Blazer a month ago, and I am totally happy with it. It's quiet, the ride is great and the power is outstanding. Have onstar, and it's totally cool. Test drove several other SUV's and found this to be the most confortable and attractive.

LTZ Review
By cannon on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer is one of the top Mid- size SUV's around. It handles like a dream, great acceleration, and you can even make a really tight u-turn. The interior of the LTZ is nothing less than plush, with two-tone leather seats and the dvd player.

The best mid size SUV
By Choon Lee on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a Suburban Z71 last year and needed a smaller SUV. Compared with Honda Pilot, but this LTZ was far better in performance, value, quality, reliability, and incentives.