2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Loved this truck...sad to have lost it.
By mchobbs on 11/15/13 14:04 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We had this truck for 11 years, bought it new, put over 150K miles on it. It was our most comfortable vehicle for long road trips, though fuel economy did sometimes cause us to drive the Camry. We lost this hard working truck to a head on collision with a drunk driver in a Dodge Ram and it kept my husband safe in that event (he walked away with bruises and a single broken bone in one hand). In all the time we had it we never had to do any major repairs, it still had original brakes, transmission, etc. From day one it vibrated when idling at 750rpm, never figured out why..but it was never a real problem.

One of The Best
By Tom Jakubowski on 08/14/10 16:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Get 15 mpg city and 21 mph highway since the day I bought it. Other than ordinary maintenance, I have spent only $210 on it in 6 years.

And he walked away
By TOTALED WALKED AWAY on 06/14/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My son Ryan, age 24, was cut off while driving on I-95. He lost control and spun across 5 south-bound lanes and slammed into a concrete barrier. The 03 Trailblazer was a complete total. But the built-in safety features absorbed most of the energy while the airbags and seat belts did their job. Ryan walked away with a minor neck sprain. I have nothing but high praise for Chevrolet building such safe and crash-worthy vehicle.

By lorenzo menendez on 12/26/07 12:13 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No problems with the motor, was made by Izusu for Chevrolet, towed boats and trailers without any problems. However have experienced numerous mechanical, structural and rear lights problems, all cover by warranty (bought extended to 6 years or 60,000 miles), the dealer had to supply rental cars while it was in repairs.

Solid performer
By Scott on 02/23/06 09:43 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the wife's daily driver. It was a good combination of size, space and cost. Overall very reliable, the only issues we've had were known to GM : A/C sensor causing A/C to not function intermittently and reverse lamp not lighting intermittently. Both issues were addressed free of charge within warranty. In order to utilize fold-down seats, front seats must be pulled forward. This is a problem for me (6'1" tall), and basically makes that feature useless on long trips.

My Trailblazer
By jayr1 on 09/25/05 23:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving my father's TB for almost a year I new I needed to buy one of my own. It runs great, looks great, it's not too bad with fuel. I love it. Have not had any problems with it at all!

Sad but true
By Stacey on 08/05/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer lives up to all the issues and recalls stated. I still have a tempermental AC, the driver door hinges have broken their weld (in shop for 5 days now) Has anyone heard of this? (Chevy not concerned about this at all); the motor has a "click" sound, and I will never own another domestic car again. I have always been loyal to Chevy, but it's time to part ways. I'd sell, but gas prices are preventing that now!

Great Value
By James O'Sullivan on 08/03/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Our TrailBlazer is two years old and has not required anything other than routine maintenance. The TrailBlazer has great pick-up, and is a very comfortable vehicle to transport the family around town. The stereo is the only thing that needs improvement.

Still Buying Another
By grandpx96 on 07/27/05 19:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The TrailBlazer is an all-around fun truck. They need to add more leg support. The drive seat, to me, is more like a bench seat from the 70's. On the long haul, they are very uncomfortable. Styling is great. The 2003 features are great (they cut back on the 2005 I found out). But I am trading it in for a LT EXT next week.

Love It!
By Denise R on 04/10/05 12:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely LOVE my 2003 Trailblazer! It gives me more room than a car, yet still gives me the room of a pickup. On long trips, we can lay down one of the back seats and BINGO! Just enough room for one person to lay down and sleep while the other is driving. If we pull over, we lay down both seats and have plenty of room for both of us to have a quick nap. With the luggage rack on top, there is plenty of room for everything from groceries to football equipment, to sleeping bags and pillows. Our dog especially loves when we leave both seats down, because he has a mini playground when we travel. Smooth riding and great gas mileage for our hard earned money. Thanks Chevy!