Used 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

2003 chevy trailblazer.
By georgefelix

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For more than 4 year I do own this truck , never ever get me wrong , just the starer was replaced and one of the O2 sensors , very good quality and reliability , very happy to own this truck.

Good truck , very safety family car , my wife love it .

100% good chevy quality .

Still Going at 180k
By Lark

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am a happy owner. We bought it new in late 02 and have driven 180k miles. Engine is still running strong. We have had a tranny rebuild at about 160k due to a stripped sunshell. We also had to replace the alternator at 130k and occasionally the left brakelight burns out (easy to replace and I have replaced about 8 times in life of the vehicle), all else has been regular maintenance. As long as it keeps running stong, I plan to keep it until 250k.

Reliability, strong engine, comfortable seats, good MPG for a strong SUV

Great all-around vehicle
By jc

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's been a great car for towing utility trailer, but just ok for 4000 lb boat. Had a great time on 4wd trails in co. Great family vacation mobile too!

Trailblazer Problems
By Big B

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Trailblazer new, after hearing great things about it, and how it did not have the problems the Blazer was known for (electrical problems,etc.). We are pleased with the handling, performance and comfort, but very dissapointed with the electrical problems we are already having. The wire harness running under the rear seats has worn through. The airconditioner works erratically. Anyone that owns one can tell you of the multilple recall notices regarding brake problems as well as a permanent recall on the rear taillights (burn out continuosly). Our Trailblazer is up for sale... I think I am going back to Nissan or Toyota.

Comfort is value
By Jackie Trautwein

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Trailblazer is probably the most comfortable truck I have owned. Others who have driven in it with me have also remarked how comfortable it is. I would like to see a more chic, sporty stereo system panel in it. It has the basic panel which all the Chevy trucks have. It runs fantastic. Gas mileage is better than other SUV's but could be better. Quiet engine and rides like a car, not like a truck.

Roomy fit for 5. Seats are comfortable.

Stereo panel could be more sporty. Better gas mileage. Longer warranty coming with the car, like some other companies offer.