2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
2003 chevy trailblazer.
By georgefelix on 08/27/14 09:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For more than 4 year I do own this truck , never ever get me wrong , just the starer was replaced and one of the O2 sensors , very good quality and reliability , very happy to own this truck.

Still Going at 180k
By Lark on 05/22/08 08:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am a happy owner. We bought it new in late 02 and have driven 180k miles. Engine is still running strong. We have had a tranny rebuild at about 160k due to a stripped sunshell. We also had to replace the alternator at 130k and occasionally the left brakelight burns out (easy to replace and I have replaced about 8 times in life of the vehicle), all else has been regular maintenance. As long as it keeps running stong, I plan to keep it until 250k.

Great all-around vehicle
By jc on 05/06/08 14:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's been a great car for towing utility trailer, but just ok for 4000 lb boat. Had a great time on 4wd trails in co. Great family vacation mobile too!

Trailblazer Problems
By Big B on 08/14/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Trailblazer new, after hearing great things about it, and how it did not have the problems the Blazer was known for (electrical problems,etc.). We are pleased with the handling, performance and comfort, but very dissapointed with the electrical problems we are already having. The wire harness running under the rear seats has worn through. The airconditioner works erratically. Anyone that owns one can tell you of the multilple recall notices regarding brake problems as well as a permanent recall on the rear taillights (burn out continuosly). Our Trailblazer is up for sale... I think I am going back to Nissan or Toyota.

Comfort is value
By Jackie Trautwein on 06/18/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Trailblazer is probably the most comfortable truck I have owned. Others who have driven in it with me have also remarked how comfortable it is. I would like to see a more chic, sporty stereo system panel in it. It has the basic panel which all the Chevy trucks have. It runs fantastic. Gas mileage is better than other SUV's but could be better. Quiet engine and rides like a car, not like a truck.

THE 2003 ARE BETTER THAN THEN 2002
By STEVO on 12/07/04 22:13 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I LIVE IN UPPER NORTHERN WISCONSIN, AND I HAVE DRIVEN A LOT OF SUV'S AND TRUCKS IN MY TIME. I'VE OWN GMC, CHEVY'S & FORDS. I LOVE MY 2003 TRAILBLAZER. I KNOW THEY HAD ALOT OF PROBELMS WITH THE 2002, BUT MY 2003, I HAVED NO TROUBLE WITH IT EXCEPT FOR A RATTLE THAT I HAD FIXED. THE 2003 HANDLE GREAT. I LOVE DRIVING IN THE SNOW WITH MY TRAILBLAZER. THE ONLY PROBELM I GOT WITH THIS VEHICLE IS THAT THE RESALE VALUE IS CRAP. BUT YOU GET THAT WHEN YOU BUY AMERICAN. MY RECOMMENDATION FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO BUY A SUV. BUY THE 2003 TRAILBLAZER, NOT THE 2002

My TrailBlazer - AWESOME
By Robby Hukka on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Chevy TrailBlazer for almost two years now and I do some really heavy driving. Not only has my TrailBlazer been outstanding in the 52,000 miles it has taken me it gives me a sense of security while I'm on the road. My TrailBlazer is not equipped with OnStar but its powerful presence and large stance makes me feel empowered on the road.

Good Buy
By Tamrs on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When I first thought of truck to buy this was my first choice. I still was careful and test drove all of the other SUV in the same class. The trailblazer was built better and looked better. A great buy for a mom with children. Don't forget to get the DVD and the third row seat. I will be going back this year to get a new trailblazer with all the extras. Thanks GM!

utility & fun to drive
By wkmaccaughey on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We put our Trailblazer to work the day after purchase and have been delighted with it. Several trips to Canada & TN; very comfortable and great utility hauling college son to/from school.

GIVE ME A BREAK!
By toyota hater on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

ok im not a trail blazer owner but i am considering one. I've tested one and i belive it to be great. in response to the ignorant man or woman who wrote "AVOID THIS VEHICLE BY CHEVROLET!!' gas mileage is signifantly lower the faster you drive,rapid excelleration,driving against wind,driving like a moron,stop and go traffic,or say to buy a toyota(it hates that).After all the complaints about it i am seriously doubting buying it.yes there is 6and a half pages of complaints so i am thinking avalanche,only half a page f complaints on it.