2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
2003 Chevy Traiblazer
By austinvt on 10/20/14 20:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Family bought the 03 EXT LT 4.2 I6 model in 2003 with 30,000 miles on it. We now have 145,000 miles on it. While this thing has very little steering feel and is slow to respond, it rides fantastic, even on fairly rough dirt roads we use to get to Grandma's house. It also tows well (5000 pound boat), though if you do tow a lot, get the V8. While the I6 is fairly powerful, you do have to rev it past 3000 to get more immediate response. Since this is the EXT model, it has more weight than the base model, so mileage is a 16/20 city/highway. It has gotten us everywhere reliability with basic maintenance. 3rd tow will take adults surprisingly well. We believe we can get another 150,000+ out of her

2003 chevy trailblazer.
By georgefelix on 08/27/14 09:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For more than 4 year I do own this truck , never ever get me wrong , just the starer was replaced and one of the O2 sensors , very good quality and reliability , very happy to own this truck.

Loved this truck...sad to have lost it.
By mchobbs on 11/15/13 14:04 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We had this truck for 11 years, bought it new, put over 150K miles on it. It was our most comfortable vehicle for long road trips, though fuel economy did sometimes cause us to drive the Camry. We lost this hard working truck to a head on collision with a drunk driver in a Dodge Ram and it kept my husband safe in that event (he walked away with bruises and a single broken bone in one hand). In all the time we had it we never had to do any major repairs, it still had original brakes, transmission, etc. From day one it vibrated when idling at 750rpm, never figured out why..but it was never a real problem.

Every vehicle has problems...could've done much worse.
By whitemandeluxe on 04/26/12 23:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought brand new mainly to tow my bass boat and to tailgate @ Colts games, and in those two regards it has not disappointed. It's never left us stranded. Even had a head on collision with a Ford Explorer 2 years ago, I'm still driving, the Ford is in a boneyard somewhere. I have had some minor issues, fan clutch as I'm sure everyone that is familiar with Trailblazers know was a very common issue. Had a few fit and finish issues the first year but were taken care of. 9 yrs and 120,000k later and she still rides(w/newer ball joints, connecting links and shocks) pulls and looks like new with no sign of letting up anytime soon.

So Close!
By ogcrew1 on 01/08/12 10:04 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Loved my LTZ! But I think the check engine light came on at least 3 times a month... Between the dealership and my local repair shop I had many rental cars.

My Best Buddy
By clifforddog on 12/12/11 20:51 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this trailblazer on august 12, 2006 with 69,802 and now it is 160,000 mlies. Never have major repair. It have not break yet at all I would be very happy to keep it forever and I will never sell

Great Value 140K Later
By t zander on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV new in 2002 and 140K later, it's one of the best cars I've ever owned. Out of the gate, I had a lot of electrical issues but the warranty covered repairs. I've probably put in less than $2K in repairs and maintenance through the years and it's still running strong. I'll probably retire the beast in a few more years but I couldn't be happier with the value. It will be hard not to consider a Chevy when I move into my next truck.

One of The Best
By Tom Jakubowski on 08/14/10 16:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Get 15 mpg city and 21 mph highway since the day I bought it. Other than ordinary maintenance, I have spent only $210 on it in 6 years.

And he walked away
By TOTALED WALKED AWAY on 06/14/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My son Ryan, age 24, was cut off while driving on I-95. He lost control and spun across 5 south-bound lanes and slammed into a concrete barrier. The 03 Trailblazer was a complete total. But the built-in safety features absorbed most of the energy while the airbags and seat belts did their job. Ryan walked away with a minor neck sprain. I have nothing but high praise for Chevrolet building such safe and crash-worthy vehicle.

This is one of the best cars ever had
By campbell on 03/28/10 22:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

If you only could find an ltz 2003 trail Blazer you would be more than happy with it have one and would never think of getting rid of it best car in many ways for the money haven't had to put a dime in it other than the fuel and oil changes friends have blazers that are at 300,000 miles and still going strong if some one says its bad they probably don't have one