Used 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

2003 Chevy Traiblazer
By austinvt

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Family bought the 03 EXT LT 4.2 I6 model in 2003 with 30,000 miles on it. We now have 145,000 miles on it. While this thing has very little steering feel and is slow to respond, it rides fantastic, even on fairly rough dirt roads we use to get to Grandma's house. It also tows well (5000 pound boat), though if you do tow a lot, get the V8. While the I6 is fairly powerful, you do have to rev it past 3000 to get more immediate response. Since this is the EXT model, it has more weight than the base model, so mileage is a 16/20 city/highway. It has gotten us everywhere reliability with basic maintenance. 3rd tow will take adults surprisingly well. We believe we can get another 150,000+ out of her

2003 chevy trailblazer.
By georgefelix

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For more than 4 year I do own this truck , never ever get me wrong , just the starer was replaced and one of the O2 sensors , very good quality and reliability , very happy to own this truck.

Good truck , very safety family car , my wife love it .

100% good chevy quality .

Loved this truck...sad to have lost it.
By mchobbs

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We had this truck for 11 years, bought it new, put over 150K miles on it. It was our most comfortable vehicle for long road trips, though fuel economy did sometimes cause us to drive the Camry. We lost this hard working truck to a head on collision with a drunk driver in a Dodge Ram and it kept my husband safe in that event (he walked away with bruises and a single broken bone in one hand). In all the time we had it we never had to do any major repairs, it still had original brakes, transmission, etc. From day one it vibrated when idling at 750rpm, never figured out why..but it was never a real problem.

Reliability, Safety, no major repairs needed in 150K miles of driving it. Ability to easily fit two car seats in back seat...and squeeze someone in between when needed (though not a comfortable place for an adult for a long drive).

None

Every vehicle has problems...could've done much worse.
By whitemandeluxe

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought brand new mainly to tow my bass boat and to tailgate @ Colts games, and in those two regards it has not disappointed. It's never left us stranded. Even had a head on collision with a Ford Explorer 2 years ago, I'm still driving, the Ford is in a boneyard somewhere. I have had some minor issues, fan clutch as I'm sure everyone that is familiar with Trailblazers know was a very common issue. Had a few fit and finish issues the first year but were taken care of. 9 yrs and 120,000k later and she still rides(w/newer ball joints, connecting links and shocks) pulls and looks like new with no sign of letting up anytime soon.

Engine and ride.

MPG.

So Close!
By ogcrew1

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Loved my LTZ! But I think the check engine light came on at least 3 times a month... Between the dealership and my local repair shop I had many rental cars.

Bose Audio, Memory seats and mirriors, Heated seats, powerful 6 Cyl