2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer 4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Really Nice SUV

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

LTZ 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Really Nice SUV
By Brandy on

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my TrailBlazer. It is a very comfortable vehicle. Have had it 3 1/2 years. Only problems have been clearcoat peeling on rims(warranty fixed), temp control sensor (warranty fixed), and front wiper motor. The front windshield wiper issue was a recall that should have been fixed by the dealership, but a friend of ours (a GM mechanic) looked it up and found out they took the cheap route and didn't replace the whole thing. The only issue I have now is gas mileage. It is average for a SUV, but may have to trade off since I have a long commute. The computer says I average 17.8. At highway speeds (55-70), I have seen instant economy of 19-30 though. Have to readjust outside mirrors rarely.

Favorite Features

I love all the features on my TrailBlazer. Especially the rain sensing wipers and automatic dimming mirrors. It has spoiled me so much that I am picky now about what I may want to trade it for. It has a very comfortable ride and the LTZ package makes it a really good looking vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

It is a shame GM is going to quit making it. I hope the Traverse is as nice looking as the Acadia. I wish GM would make hybrid versions.