It did it's job - and I'm okay
By mbs2 on
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
I'm just sick over the fact that I wrecked my '02 Trailblazer a week and a half ago. I LOVED that car. In fact, most comments I got from people, after making sure that I was okay, were to express their sympathy over me losing my car - everyone knew how much I loved that thing. As a real estate broker specializing in mountain properties, I used my TB for all it was worth. At 159,000 miles, it ran perfectly, looked nearly perfect, nobody could tell it was as old as it was. I bought it in '04 with 42k miles on it, and only repair was a 4WD switch computer chip. While I was spinning out in the rain on the freeway about to hit a tree, I was calm because I knew it would keep me safe, and it did.
Favorite Features
Nice styling - even at 9 years old it was sharp looking. Interior was immaculate, and I did not baby it... spills cleaned up easily, carpets looked new, everything worked. Acceleration power was great, 4WD got me out of every crazy place I managed to get myself into. Nice handling, nice size, very maneuverable, very sharp turning radius. Brakes were amazing - I had a close call once when a car stopped unexpectedly in front of me, and my TB saved me from a rear-ender that would have been "my fault." As I keep saying, I loved that car...
Suggested Improvements
Poor gas mileage is my only complaint, especially now that gas prices are so crazy. I would buy another TrailBlazer in a heartbeat, if only fuel economy wasn't so important to me now. I don't know yet what I will be getting to replace it, sure wish I could afford the gas to keep with another one, but I drive too much to get only 15/18 mpg.