2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Review: Disappointedchevyowner

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

By neverbuychevyagain on

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a "certified" used 2002 from the dealership w/ extended warranty. this broke down 3 days after I drove it off the lot. took 3 weeks to get back. I have had nothing but 1 problem after another in 4 yrs of ownership. Engine just went at 70k (manuf defect w/ cyl wall) and after 6 weeks I finally get back with used engine that doesn't run right. On way home front suspension fell apart- not put back together properly. Calls to Chevy/GM were no help. GM will not stand behind their vehicles and basically acted like they didn't even want to hear about my problem. GM refused to give new engine or guarantee on used engine. I'll never buy GM again. Getting Subaru if I ever get back.

rides nice when it isn't in the shop. it's 4 wheel drive (when the 4WD switch actually wants to work) has a lot of room for baby stuff. That's about it.

better reliability. GM needs to learn the ettiquette of customer service/satisfaction and build vehicles that are more reliable and not give you a hard time every time it breaks down. No wonder why everyone I know is getting rid of their chevy's and buying subarus/hondas. I will be next.