Best SUV I've ever owned!!!
By metalbourne on
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
I've had around 28 cars and suv's and this one is my favorite (the only one that comes close was my 2002 Tahoe LT). I purchased my TB with 72,000 miles on it 3 years ago and now have 115,000 on it and have only done normal things (tune up, tires, brakes, fluids, belts, lights). The only major thing that I had to do was the flex plate on the transmission was cracked. My TB is used every day for work and I do a lot of city driving and it turns better then most sub-compact cars do and can fit in most if not all parking garages in Philly, New York, Washington DC, and so on. The ride is great, the truck is easy to work on and tows my pop up with ease couldn't be happier with this pack-mule.
Favorite Features
Tight Turning radius, easy to park in tight spots, easy to see out of, plenty of storage and leg room in both rows, easy no nonsense gadgets for cheap parts and huge availablity.
Suggested Improvements
I AM buying another used TB or any of the sister suv's of the GM BOF midsize GMT360 SUV's when this TB dies (completely). I do wish the interior was a little more "High-end" esp. the dash, but that's what the Saab 9-7x and Buick Rainier are for. So if I wasn't using this as a work truck I would purchase one of those for daily drivers. I wish they had made it with Over Drive for towing. The only downsize is really the fuel mileage, it gets about the same mileage as my 5.3 V8 Tahoe did (14-18mpg) so I kind of wish they just made all of them with the 5.3 or made a better fuel efficent V6 or I6.