Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Love my Trailblazer!
By Love My Trailblazer!

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Trailblazer. The ride is so smooth! Very realible. It is 5 years old and have not had any problems with it at all. The rear stereo is great. My son can listen to his CDs while I listen to the radio. I think I will always buy Trailblazers.

Heated seats with adjustable lumbar support, sunroof, rear air and stereo, Bose stereo system with 6 disc in dash CD player, driver control system

Fuel mileage could be better, but after all it is a 4WD.

I love it!
By Rick

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I knocked out the factory muffler and replaced it with a Dynomax and eliminated the rear resonator. I also replace air filter with a K&N. My truck has the feel of a sports car and the fuel economy of a smaller truck. I average 19.5 MPG and it has 85K miles on it. The only items replaced on it have been the O2 sensor, serpentine belt, four tires and headlight relay. I have maintained it according to OEM requirements. I considered many SUV's before purchasing this truck and comparing others I still can't find a better truck for the money after 5 years. I still have the original brakes!

The engine power and reliability, interior comfort and overall cargo capacity.

The seat belts on front seats should have been placed on column not seat.

'02 Trailblazer
By Sterk0414

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Once you get past the fact that you will only get a max of 16 miles per gallon you'll love this truck. It's got plenty and good pick up for the size of the SUV. This was my first SUV purchase after driving only little sports cars and i'm not sure if I can switch back.

The running boards are a plus but I would have to say the sunroof. I like the sun!

Can't think of anything that I would or could change really.

So Good I Purchased one for my wife!
By John Horton

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with the ride looks and durability of the car. The only problems I have had have been the tail lights which GM did fix and I never had a problem again with either vechicle. I purchsed a second one for my wife and we both have been pleased with the performance of the car.

Dual A/C. In the Winter my wife will have the heater going and on my side I will have the A/C going. We are both happy. For 30 years of marriage fighting over the temperture is no longer a problem. With the difference in the tempertures I am suprised we do not create a thunderstorm.

Just wish it was a little bigger for a laptop and purse in front seat.

Okay for the Money
By Not Again

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first Chevy I have owned and for the first few months it was great. I had to take it in for several recalls (3x) and about 6 times for rear brake lights. I have spent about $2000 in repairs for misc items. The CD player is now having problems switching between radio and cd player on its own. Now the computer is going out. I guess for the money it is okay, but would suggest only keeping it for a few years and then trading it in for something else.

Fun to drive, lots of room, good interior for the price.

Better engine performance, brake lights need to be fixed, paint is poor quality, too many problems and visits to the shop. Needs to be more reliable.

• SUV