2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Love my Trailblazer
By Kar on 09/15/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer 2nd hand. I worked at a small private dealership that specialized in used trucks and SUVs. My boss got it from a Chevy dealership. It only had 1 previous owner and it had 55,000mi on it when I bought it. I haven't had to do much except maintenance. I have 70,000mi on it now. I expect problems to arise after 60,000mi. I had a Chevy S10 pickup and it had to have things replaced when it hit around 50,000. I hope to have it for a while. It is excellent in the snow and rain. My pickup truck was great too but it would hydroplane bad in rain. The Trailblazer handles well all around. It is an SUV, not a sportscar. I am very happy with my Trailblazer.

Trailblazer LTZ
By heather on 09/05/05 23:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage not very good, for the first few months got 9 mpg, now, in third year of ownership it is getting 13 mpg. Still has not reached the 15 city 20 highway that was on the window sticker! Lots of little things never did or do work right, even after telling the dealership. Example: the mirrors on the side of the vehicle take on a life of their own and move and readjust so that they are rarely in place when you need them. Other than that, the vehicle looks okay, but I would not buy it again.

Chevy Owner - Never Again!
By Unhappy TB Owner on 08/30/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the worst Chevy I have ever owned. Previously, we were religous Chevy buyers...never again. The air conditioner broke, and it took the dealership 3 weeks to fix, the windshield wipers broke, the fuel tank split, and the engine needed to be replaced after 40K miles. This vehicle spent more time in the shop than it did on the road. We never used it for off-roading, or towing anything, it was mainly used for long highway trips. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone! Don't be fooled by the nice exterior or interior...it is a piece of junk!

2002 Trailblazer
By ALB on 08/22/05 11:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 10/2004 - GM certified - vehicle has been to the garage at least 5 times since then - 2 or three times because it seems to lose power when coming to a stop - transmission coolant lines have had to be replaced - over 2 days worth of labor - vehicle in garage for over a week - when going up a hill, I wonder if I am going to have to get out and push - seems to be geared too high - power substantially reduced if air conditioner is on - gas mileage leaves something to be desired - transmission shifts roughly sometimes - however, I really have enjoyed the room and the actual driving - drives really well - quite a bit like a car

timJoan
By Tim Renelt on 08/14/05 13:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent SUV, very comfortable with good gas mileage. Transmission/engine occasionally over revs when first started. Chevrolet needs to reduce wind noise.

2002 trailblazer
By michaelshane32 on 07/25/05 18:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My only complaint is a cold engine noise that quickly clears up, and a taillight recall, they're on backorder. Could also use a larger gas tank..

More Than I Expected
By Pasta Boy on 07/14/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was extremely surprised by the quality and comfort of the Trailblazer. The gas mileage is a respectable 18.5 in the city and 21mpg on the highway. It has very durable hardware inside and out. I am very pleased and will buy another.

Major Headache
By Diehardchevyman on 06/26/05 20:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle used in 2002. The day after I bought it the headlight burned out and melted the socket for the bulb. A week later it melted the rear brake light circuit board. Not too much long after that, we had problems with the engine, it ate two batteries in a week, and now it still has a knock in the engine. The rear liftgate handle has broken on the inside, the driver side interior door panel is falling off, the plastic moldings around the handles are falling off, and the weather stripping is falling off. Needless to say this will bemy last Chevy purchase. Do not buy this model year Trailblazer. It's not worth the headache.

Too Many Problems
By MC on 04/05/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am a big GM fan, but this vehicle has issues. The ignitions switch went bad at 60k miles. My 4wd selector switch has been replaced, but is already acting up again. I love the look and ride of the vehicle, but a $35k vehicle is supposed to be reliable for more than 1 year!!!!!

No Good Chevy!
By No Good Chevy on 04/05/05 15:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this SUV since new. Will never own another Chevy. Build quality is lacking. Gas mileage is horrendous. Getting 14.5 mpg according to onboard computer. Bought the top of the line with all the extras for $36000, now trade in is only about $17500! why did this loose value so quickly? Does Chevrolet know what junk they are selling? Have replaced the wiper motor twice due to recall, replaced taillights twice under warranty, and now need to replace again. Electric mirrors were replaced under warranty, now they need to be repaired again. Great Bose Stereo, but Chevy didn't build that. Reccomend Ford or foreign made vehicle next time. Very uncomfortable leather seats for front passangers.